Check your account email address ×

Fuck

Anler

5 minutes ago, old indy said:

Shhit that’s worse than renting a Harley.  Funny how you can rent a 40 thousand dollar car for a week at that price. 

Supply and demand...if I took my sled id have to get a trail pass...so if be out 250 for that anyway.

7 minutes ago, old indy said:

Shhit that’s worse than renting a Harley.  Funny how you can rent a 40 thousand dollar car for a week at that price. 

With a short season, they still make zip.  Can't get damage insurance on most of the rentals so you are resp. for any damage.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Supply and demand...if I took my sled id have to get a trail pass...so if be out 250 for that anyway.

Oh yeah I get it.  It’s just looking at it and adding it up makes me a little nauseous ya know.  

The whole sport does so what’s the dif right.  🍻

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

With a short season, they still make zip.  Can't get damage insurance on most of the rentals so you are resp. for any damage.

Oh ya    Credit card companies must hate covering sled and bike rentals..

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

2000 pre auth....on cc or cash for damage deposit.

12 minutes ago, old indy said:

Oh yeah I get it.  It’s just looking at it and adding it up makes me a little nauseous ya know.  

The whole sport does so what’s the dif right.  🍻

that cost is why when my son decided he wanted to ride i bought the pink lady and if he decides to come north with me for Feb vacation this year i'll do the same again.  I bought and sold that sled for break even and put 1000 miles on it between my son and some other friends riding it.  

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Great if they cover it.  Read the contract you sign.

Oh I won’t be renting anytime soon.  I’ve done it twice,1997 in Maine where it WaS covered by my cc company,  I tthhink.? and 1983 in New Mexico where it was 45 bucks a day. Not too bad.   Granted it was a jag.. 

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that cost is why when my son decided he wanted to ride i bought the pink lady and if he decides to come north with me for Feb vacation this year i'll do the same again.  I bought and sold that sled for break even and put 1000 miles on it between my son and some other friends riding it.  

That’s a great way to go.  It Doesn’t usually work out that well for most though.   The “spares” usually get trashed by a newbie trying to be Burrandt first or second time out.     

9 minutes ago, old indy said:

Oh I won’t be renting anytime soon.  I’ve done it twice,1997 in Maine where it WaS covered by my cc company,  I tthhink.? and 1983 in New Mexico where it was 45 bucks a day. Not too bad.   Granted it was a jag.. 

That’s a great way to go.  It Doesn’t usually work out that well for most though.   The “spares” usually get trashed by a newbie trying to be Burrandt first or second time out.     

7 miles from camp my son hit a tree,  i ended up replacing the bumper but sent it with the cracked up hood end of the season,  fortunately he didn't get the nun 

13 minutes ago, old indy said:

That's why I said check.  Don't know of any cc covering offroad use.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

What does the wife do while your out sleddin?:lol:

Shes going to be at her sisters in Thorold i guess....alot of are family live in that area of Ontario and New York.

Yeah thats right I remember you mentioning that.  Pretty common thing too.  I put that brand new 97 skeedoo 370 on its roof being a goof less than an hour into the day. Luckily it was a slo mo roll over and didn’t wreck it.