Check your account email address ×

Elderly Couple Stopped In Nebraska With 60 Pounds Of Weed 'For Christmas Presents'

Elderly Couple Stopped In Nebraska With 60 Pounds Of Weed 'For Christmas Presents'

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/22/572844666/elderly-couple-stopped-in-nebraska-with-60-pounds-of-weed-for-christmas-presents 

press-release-07f8993ee1f778250f685f25db279dca070b44f3-s1500-c85.jpg

Sheriff's deputies in York County, Neb., stopped a pickup truck on Tuesday when they noticed it driving over the center line and the driver failing to signal. 

During the traffic stop, deputies noticed a strong smell of raw marijuana, the sheriff's department says. 

The truck was being driven by an elderly couple — Patrick Jiron, 80, and Barbara Jiron, 83 – who said they were from northern California and were en route to Boston and Vermont. 

Deputies asked the driver, Patrick Jiron, about the odor, and he admitted to having contraband in the truck and consented to a search of the vehicle.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

seems theres a lot of weed being given as xmas presents this year.  

I'm hoping santa brings me a vape pen with some nice high CBD indica oil for my anxiety.  

Can you legally buy it in ME or MA yet?

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Can you legally buy it in ME or MA yet?

ME you can grow and believe MA you can grow at home legally but the rec dispensaries are not fully up and running,  Mass is coming soon governor of Maine put the stops on them there for now.  Med card in maine there is dispensaries and I believe MA as well.  NH still behind the times,  love the fact we are the live free state yet will be the last on the pot

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ME you can grow and believe MA you can grow at home legally but the rec dispensaries are not fully up and running,  Mass is coming soon governor of Maine put the stops on them there for now.  Med card in maine there is dispensaries and I believe MA as well.  NH still behind the times,  love the fact we are the live free state yet will be the last on the pot

I'm surprised VT hasn't legalized it yet either. The Governor vetoed the bill last year that would have allowed legally growing a few plants. Supposedly they have reached a compromise that should be going before the house and the senate in early 2018.

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

NH will probably sell it in their liquor stores...smart if it happened.

• Like 1