Check your account email address ×

The republican that compared Barak and Michelle to monkeys

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I've always read that he wouldn't have killed himself if he thought he would get a fair trial, but his fear of being convicted and being unable to provide for his family led him to kill himself so they wouldn't lose that money for what he was being accused of. Whether he was guilty or not, it was the same ethical situation that prevents life insurance from being paid out after a suicide. It's a monetary incentive to commit suicide.

I think the Dwyer situation was a bit murkier than that, he may well have been an innocent man who committed suicide because it would allow to his family to collect death benefits before he was railroaded. This guy from the other day though, sexual predator for sure.

That's why I am surprised that there isn't a clause in there about suicide.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's why I am surprised that there isn't a clause in there about suicide.

It was probably an oversight and he exploited the loophole. I could see him depressed and desperate looking up the statute to see if suicide precluded his family for the death benefit, finding no clause, and coming up with his plan. It's like a Law & Order: Criminal Intent scene, it would go down in a big office with lots of built-in hardwood book shelves filled with scholarly hardcovers on them. He would pull out the one that lays out lawmakers pension benefits, find the loophole and start thinking of the plan, pull the .357 out of his desk and put it in the manilla envelope, then they'd cut to commercial.

I’m not buying it for a second. He didn’t commit suicide to help his family. He committed suicide because he was caught, his career ruined, exposed as a hateful man, and was would be going to prison. The crap about helping his family was a cover story that he confabulated for window dressing. He would’ve done it anyway. 

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m not buying it for a second. He didn’t commit suicide to help his family. He committed suicide because he was caught, his career ruined, exposed as a hateful man, and was would be going to prison. The crap about helping his family was a cover story that he confabulated for window dressing. He would’ve done it anyway. 

Let me tell this lie to myself damnit!

22 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What was impressive was his calm demeaner and concern for the safety of others.  Impressive really...and sad.

I never knew this until now but this song was inspired by that awful tragedy.

22 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What was impressive was his calm demeaner and concern for the safety of others.  Impressive really...and sad.

Showboating his suicide. He had no real regard for the safety of others. If he did he’d had done in the privacy of the woods or an empty house. Public suicides are to punish others. 

31 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Showboating his suicide. He had no real regard for the safety of others. If he did he’d had done in the privacy of the woods or an empty house. Public suicides are to punish others. 

I agree but I don't think he was show boating. He was an honest man that was a victim of the very system he believed in , the American Justice system. He killed himself while in office so his family would get his pension, a family he loved dearly. He was a victim of the awful political corruption that is rotting this country worse now than it was back then. I think, other than the pension issue, he did this in hopes of really exposing the underlying corruption in this country, plus he was facing 55 years in prison if convicted, yet he was an innocent man, sad.

39 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well, good for him then either way.  But it's pretty clear he didn't want to hurt anyone else.  Not sure who he wanted to "punish" but a lot of people got caught in that fire.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, good for him then either way.  But it's pretty clear he didn't want to hurt anyone else.  Not sure who he wanted to "punish" but a lot of people got caught in that fire.

He was hoping to expose the people who were framing him on bribery charges, I think it was all swept under the rug in the end.

Just now, Zambroski said:

He inflicted his brains being blown out on people that didn’t sign up for it. He wasn’t thinking of anyone except himself. He got all the attention he wanted. Pathetic 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

He inflicted his brains being blown out on people that didn’t sign up for it. He wasn’t thinking of anyone except himself. He got all the attention he wanted. Pathetic 

Oh STFU you idiot go read a little bit about it and enlighten your dumb ass.

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

He was hoping to expose the people who were framing him on bribery charges, I think it was all swept under the rug in the end.

Boy, did he ever have a poor game plan.  :lmao:

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ok, so normal suicide then.

Here's a little tid bit for Spin Nuts.

In 2010, Honest Man: The Life of R. Budd Dwyer, a feature documentary about R. Budd Dwyer’s life and the tragedy, premiered at the Carmel Art and Film Festival in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania with the Dwyer family in attendance.

In the documentary, William T. Smith, a former chairman of the Dauphin County Republican Committee and one of the key trial witnesses in Dwyer’s conviction, admits that he had lied under oath about the treasurer taking bribes in hopes of reducing his own sentence and to spare his wife from being prosecuted for her role in the conspiracy. He expressed his regret for lying and the role it played in Dwyer’s public suicide.

Although these revelations suggest that Dwyer may not have gotten justice, he did at least secure his family’s future.

Since Dwyer died while still in office, his widow, Joanne, was able to collect full survivor benefits that totaled more than $1.28 million. Many close to Dwyer feel that he may have committed suicide to preserve the state-provided pension for his family, whose finances had been ruined by legal defense costs.

But the finances of Dwyer’s home state stayed murky even after his suicide. According to Fredrick Cusick, the reporter and friend who watched R. Budd Dwyer die, not much in Harrisburg changed in the aftermath of the suicide. He once told an editor that not long after the incident, “You can see the fins breaking the water. You see the feeding frenzies when it comes to payoffs and bribes.”

21 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I just read this, you're an ignorant moron. When you're wrongfully convicted and facing 55 years in prison and at the same time your family is bankrupt from legal defenses.......that would send any man over the edge.

16 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I just read this, you're an ignorant moron. When you're wrongfully convicted and facing 55 years in prison and at the same time your family is bankrupt from legal defenses.......that would send any man over the edge.

Does anyone know what he does for a living?

11 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I think he believes he's a know it all shrink or deals with mental patients, he could be a patient to himself. :lol:

With some of his responses to topics on here, that seems disturbing.  Hopefully it is all an act on here.

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Leaves a wife and remaining family to fend for themselves. Cool. Totally responsible. 

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

i find it a little odd you show some compassion to this guy and his family, yet leave racer's only concerns about his pension status a good leaving alone. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Wow. Look at this. Sudden sympathy for a man that chose suicide. This place never ceases to amaze. 

Sympathy comes from the fact he was wrongfully convicted which drove him to suicide, you moron.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Leaves a wife and remaining family to fend for themselves. Cool. Totally responsible. 

If he would have been sentenced, Penn. state law would have prohibited him from receiving his pension. Can you read dumb ass? His family was bankrupt from legal costs.

Just now, snoughnut said:

Sympathy comes from the fact he was wrongfully convicted which drove him to suicide, you moron.

If he would have been sentenced, Penn. state law would have prohibited him from receiving his pension. Can you read dumb ass? His family was bankrupt from legal costs.

Shall we take a trip down memory lane and flesh out the wrongly convicted black men. Those that were convicted of rape or murder. Looking at spending the remainder of their days in a maximum security prison. Not some white collar country club. They didn’t kill themselves.