• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1trailmaker

• Jimmy Snacks

• ckf

• Blackstar

Going to play this with my boys.  Finding a song that has a sax & trombone solo for them to play isn't easy as they are rarely joint leads.  I have a drum machine and will use the looper to lay down a bass track and then play the guitar part with them.  James Brown tune, but going to do something more similar to Maceo.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

They are 10 & 12 and need as much encouragement right now as possible.  If anyone has any other thoughts on how to make it more fun or other fun songs I'd love to hear them.

Not sure if this is something that would work for you...I searched YT for songs with sax and trombone solos and this popped up...

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Going to play this with my boys.  Finding a song that has a sax & trombone solo for them to play isn't easy as they are rarely joint leads.  I have a drum machine and will use the looper to lay down a bass track and then play the guitar part with them.  James Brown tune, but going to do something more similar to Maceo.

There was a band that was kinda popular when I was in high school ‘reel big fish’ they had sax and trombone I believe.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure if this is something that would work for you...I searched YT for songs with sax and trombone solos and this popped up...

Awesome.  Going to play that for the 10 year old tomorrow.  He runs around the house singing, humming, and making music all the time.  Figured a horn that allows you to "sing" makes sense.  The more the better IMO.  Haven't heard shorty before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...