Check your account email address ×

Ontario Debt

Momorider

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your correct.  My numbers are with a Libtard balanced budget.

Like that will ever happen.

Wynne only cares that her and her husbands pension is covered for her retirement.

the rest of us are fucked.

22 minutes ago, steve6 said:

keep running it up, wont be a problem in my life time!

You must have real deep pockets since Wynnebag keeps dipping into it more often and for more money than ever before. The cap and trade / carbon tax will drive a couple of more nails into the Ontario industrial coffin as business chooses to operate elsewhere and on top of that everything and I do mean everything will end up costing you more as business passes on their increased expenses in the way of higher prices on groceries. goods and services. Nothing will go unaffected. Add to that a whole new government bureaucracy of overpaid people to feed at the taxpayer trough to administer the new system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve6 said:

keep running it up, wont be a problem in my life time!

Dream on it wont be A problem for you.  Or your kids.  Or my kids.  Or anyone elses.

why should my kids pay for Wynnes bullshit politics and poor decisions?

As of last Feb.

Ontario spends $11.4 billion a year just to service its debt — more than it spends on all social services for adults or to run its universities and colleges. It’s the third largest single item in the budget after health care and public education, and that’s in a historically low-interest-rate environment.

If you think of the province’s $315-billion debt as several massive public mortgages, then it mostly holds fixed-term debt. That means, just like a mortgage, payments are set for a number of years before a term comes up and, depending on what interest rates are, they are then renegotiated. 

40 per cent of it will come due within the next five years.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/ontario-owes-315-billion-dollars-and-keeps-borrowing-heres-what-will-happen-when-interest-rates-rise

But of course there is absolutely nothing for anyone to be concerned about. That is if you have a vast amount of money you are sitting on and don't care how much of it you give to the government each year.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

As of last Feb.

Ontario spends $11.4 billion a year just to service its debt — more than it spends on all social services for adults or to run its universities and colleges. It’s the third largest single item in the budget after health care and public education, and that’s in a historically low-interest-rate environment.

If you think of the province’s $315-billion debt as several massive public mortgages, then it mostly holds fixed-term debt. That means, just like a mortgage, payments are set for a number of years before a term comes up and, depending on what interest rates are, they are then renegotiated. 

40 per cent of it will come due within the next five years.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/ontario-owes-315-billion-dollars-and-keeps-borrowing-heres-what-will-happen-when-interest-rates-rise

But of course there is absolutely nothing for anyone to be concerned about. That is if you have a vast amount of money you are sitting on and don't care how much of it you give to the government each year.

It would be much much higher than that if our interest rates were at historical levels instead of the record low today.  Long term bond yields are turning negative in other countries.  I am sure Wynnebag and Truedumb would just love for that to happen here so the dumb bondholders can pay the government interest for holding their debt.   A Libtard utopia.   'Here hold the bag of shit and pay for it even'. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 02sled said:

You must have real deep pockets since Wynnebag keeps dipping into it more often and for more money than ever before. The cap and trade / carbon tax will drive a couple of more nails into the Ontario industrial coffin as business chooses to operate elsewhere and on top of that everything and I do mean everything will end up costing you more as business passes on their increased expenses in the way of higher prices on groceries. goods and services. Nothing will go unaffected. Add to that a whole new government bureaucracy of overpaid people to feed at the taxpayer trough to administer the new system.

taxing me is different than running up the deficit, of course I'm not for taxing me more for useless shit.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It would be much much higher than that if our interest rates were at historical levels instead of the record low today.  Long term bond yields are turning negative in other countries.  I am sure Wynnebag and Truedumb would just love for that to happen here so the dumb bondholders can pay the government interest for holding their debt.   A Libtard utopia.   'Here hold the bag of shit and pay for it even'. 

They are probably working economic policy to get it to that situation. I can remember when interest rates on mortgages were double digit. 1981 I believe was the high when a 5 year mortgage was as high as 22.75%. Great time to be an investor.  

6 minutes ago, steve6 said:

taxing me is different than running up the deficit, of course I'm not for taxing me more for useless shit.

They have to make the payments on that debt and the more it goes up the more they have to tax you and me to make those payments. That's why we are seeing things like HOV toll roads, an opportunity to grab money while they lie to us and tell us it is to ease congestion while it will only make congestion worse. Cap and trade carbon tax which will net the province $B's each year. Then they will charge HST on that carbon tax as well. Tax, levy, it's all the same. Just another way of taking more of your money to pay for their waste.

17 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Its the same really.  The debt to gdp has grown over 30% (from 30% to over 40%) with the Libtards, that is dangerous.  That is debt our kids will have to pay for our greed, since we can't seem to live within our means.  What will happen if interest rates get back to historic levels and the interest payments easily surpass the 30 billion spent on education today?  The interest on the debt has been pretty flat since interest rates has steadily declined and new bond issues have capitalized on lower rates.  That will change as rates will not stay low forever, however they will will not rise in the next couple of years.

Unfortunately Wynne is going to show a balanced budget next year (with the sell off of hydro one) just to get elected for another term. 

And the dumb like Irv and Failmaker will line up to vote for her again.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Unfortunately Wynne is going to show a balanced budget next year (with the sell off of hydro one) just to get elected for another term. 

And the dumb like Irv and Failmaker will line up to vote for her again.

well if i was in their situation I wouldn't want to put my pension at risk either... or the job security in general

11 hours ago, steve6 said:

well if i was in their situation I wouldn't want to put my pension at risk either... or the job security in general

Ontario MPP's don't have a pension plan. 

An MPP that has served four years or less at Queen's Park receives a severance equal to six months of his or her average salary; a member serving more than four years but less that eight years earns one years' salary; and any MPP with more than eight years in office gets a severance equal to eighteen months pay.

The largest payout, from the last election goes to former cabinet minister Liberal Ric Bartolucci. For his 19 years service, he get's a taxpayer funded 'going away present' of $265,400.

Progressive Conservative Doug Holyday, who had been an MPP for less than one year, will take home $77,000.

Surprised Wynnebag hasn't found a way to put her wife on the payroll. After all Truedope's wife thinks she needs a government paid staff. It probably won't be long until she wants a third nanny as well.

It was just released that she is getting an almost endless supply of free designer clothes so she can be seen wearing them in public and she as well as Truedope don't believe there is anything wrong with accepting the freebies that will promote the designer.

2 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Hst on carbon tax ?  Wtf ?  Wynne is applying tax, on a tax.  How the fuck does this happen?

It's nothing new. Check out the taxes you pay on gas at the pump already. You pay HST on the federal and provincial taxes that are tacked onto a litre of gas. Now you will also be able to pay the HST on the carbon tax on that litre of gas and when they added the carbon tax to your home heating natural gas you will get to pay HST on that as well.

You just gotta love the spin the Fiberals put on things. I remember McSquinty promised NO NEW TAXES or INCREASES. Then one of the first things he does is add a Health Surcharge to your income tax. He tells everyone it's not a tax it's a levy and that is different than a tax so he didn't lie.

Ontario need to do the same thing that 99% of us here would do when our debt it too much. Cut our costs. Sell of items were not using, get rid of people were paying to help us. Quit spending more then we make in a year. Sadly they don't grasp that. 

• Like 1