Check your account email address ×

Capitalism cures poverty

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You get your couch medicine from a plantation slaves?  WTF! :lol:

Easy dude....I'm in a few myself.  But my wife made me stop and brought me home....she ruins everything!  DAMN BLONDE FASCIST!!!!! :lol:

:lol:

At least my slaves are well kept and picked me over other masters because I treat them the best. 

That's really what it boils down to when the proposition is work or death.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

At least my slaves are well kept and picked me over other masters because I treat them the best. 

That's really what it boils down to when the proposition is work or death.

Well...there's a few other parameters in there though.  But, let's lighted it up a bit.

You ever see "Django Unchained"?  It was pretty eye opening on some of the slave days on what a lot of the most sadistic owners were about.  DiCaprio plays the perfect fucking punk bitch.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Good movie. I heard DiCaprio really did smash that wineglass with his hand, on accident. Cut himself pretty bad. 

That's hardcore

Yeah....he really played a fucking creepy role.  But the realities of what Tarantino was trying to drop on us all was just that....reality.  It should make us all feel shameful.  Well, some more than others.  I spent many years south of the Manson/Nixon line.  And not to my surprise at all...I FUCKING DESPISE FUCKING REDNECKS!  However, not every Negro gets my popular vote either.  Actually....I guess I just despise idiots. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....he really played a fucking creepy role.  But the realities of what Tarantino was trying to drop on us all was just that....reality.  It should make us all feel shameful.  Well, some more than others.  I spent many years south of the Manson/Nixon line.  And not to my surprise at all...I FUCKING DESPISE FUCKING REDNECKS!  However, not every Negro gets my popular vote either.  Actually....I guess I just despise idiots. :lol:

Yeah it was pretty heavy. 

My favorite kind of idiot wears a bowtie and preaches on and on about how great capitalism is. They're the most dangerous idiots, too, because actual smart people see the bowtie and automatically assume that the dude is a genius. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Yeah it was pretty heavy. 

My favorite kind of idiot wears a bowtie and preaches on and on about how great capitalism is. They're the most dangerous idiots, too, because actual smart people see the bowtie and automatically assume that the dude is a genius. 

No, they don't.  They make them the point of patronization all night though.  Like the new member-elect blowhard at the country club acting like he's the richest man in the room.  Nothing funnier than what happens to him all night.  I bet when he leaves he walks on clouds..."I FUCKING OWN THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!"  While the powers that be throw his application in the trash and ostracize whomever sponsored him. :lol:

Actually Moto, this quote from you caught my attention earlier.  Very philosophical.

African slaves ate better and had better living conditions in America than Africa. 

They received something in exchange for their labor - better conditions. 

What's the difference if the master fed and clothed them or paid them barely enough to feed and clothe themselves?

None. 

Image result for robin williams good will hunting bench

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Actually Moto, this quote from you caught my attention earlier.  Very philosophical.

Image result for robin williams good will hunting bench

Unless the worker receives the full value of their production and voluntarily enters into employment without any form of coercion, passive or otherwise, then it's still just enslavement of the worker and theft  of their production, with more steps and under the color of law. 

Edited by motonoggin

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Unless the worker receives the full value of their production and voluntarily enters into employment without any form of coercion, passive or otherwise, then it's still just enslavement of the worker and theft  of their production, with more steps and under the color of law. 

Sounds like a novel idea.  Its called self employment and anyone is free to try it anytime.

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sounds like a novel idea.  Its called self employment and anyone is free to try it anytime.

At the end of the day, we're all self-employed.  We trade our time/knowledge/skills for money....unlike the pre-money days of using same time/knowledge/skills in an old-school "trade".....otherwise known as a barter transaction.  

I guess they'll always be peeps that only see a "victim" in that scenario. 

7 hours ago, Boered said:

All I know is that regulated capitalism has given me a great lifestyle.

Me too.  Work hard and save 10% of everything you make and you can retire in 30 years.  I am happy to have been a slave to capitalism.  

28 minutes ago, Im4snow said:

At the end of the day, we're all self-employed.  We trade our time/knowledge/skills for money....unlike the pre-money days of using same time/knowledge/skills in an old-school "trade".....otherwise known as a barter transaction.  

Yup.  There is negotiation regardless of where you find yourself.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

1 hour ago, Im4snow said:

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Me too.  Work hard and save 10% of everything you make and you can retire in 30 years.  I am happy to have been a slave to capitalism.  

16425708_1732943873682421_6681525002936548690_n.jpg

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

16425708_1732943873682421_6681525002936548690_n.jpg

Not sure what's so funny.  Offering something of value (your time, knowledge, skill, etc) in exchange for compensation of some type (usually money) simply works for both parties.  Sure there are cases of abuse, but in general, especially in a competitive market-bases system, the net/net results in, all things considered, the best outcome for both parties.  

Just think through the exchange of a prostitute and her John.  Or a drug dealer and his customer (er, "patient").  Pretty simple really.

Oh, and no other system known to man has driven living standards forward faster and to a higher level then capitalism with some refereeing . :bc: