Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, ckf said:

Isn't that what the fans asked for instead of the "encumbered win"?

Not sure what they asked for...don't like them taking away his win though. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure what they asked for...don't like them taking away his win though. 

I think the fans were bitching that it should either be a win, or not. They didn't like the encumbered wins if they failed tech.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think the fans were bitching that it should either be a win, or not. They didn't like the encumbered wins if they failed tech.

Ahhh...got ya. Yeah I'm with you there...either a win or no win.

Iowa post-race penalties announced; Johnny Sauter suspended one race

NASCAR has released the post-race penalties from Iowa Speedway:

#13-Johnny Sauter has been suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Championship Points Event [this weekend at Gateway]. He remains eligible to compete for the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Championship.

The violation was for: Sections 12.1.a; 12.2.b Emergency Action; 12.8.a,c,i NASCAR Member Conduct; 12.8.1.c Member Conduct Guidelines
Note: Correct and proper conduct, both on and off the race track, is part of a Member’s responsibilities.

In addition, #88-Matt Crafton received a lug nut penalty.  His crew chief Carl Joiner has been fined $2,500.

Furthermore, Clifford Turner has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for violation of the Substance Abuse Policy.

— NASCAR —

See the complete penalty report here.

The sections referenced in Sauter’s penalty is as follows:

12.1.a – If NASCAR/NEM observes or is made aware of an act or omission by a NASCAR Member that constitutes a violation of the NASCAR Rules or that is detrimental to stock car racing or NASCAR, and if NASCAR/NEM determines that the act or omission is sufficiently serious to warrant the imposition of a Penalty, the Official shall report the violation to the Series Managing Director and/or Senior Vice President, Competition as soon as practicable.

12.2.b – Examples of conduct warranting such emergency action include, but are not limited to, the consumption of alcoholic beverages, stimulants, depressants, tranquilizers or other drugs before or during an Event, the use of illegal drugs at any time, fighting, aggressive driving, Rules violations, Race procedure violations, or any other directive of a NASCAR Official.

12.8.a – NASCAR membership is a privilege. With that privilege comes certain benefits, responsibilities and obligations. Correct and proper conduct, both on and off the race track, is part of a Member’s responsibilities. A Member’s actions can reflect upon the sport as a whole and on other NASCAR Members. Ideally, NASCAR Members are role models for the many fans who follow this sport, regardless of the type of license a Member may hold, or the specific Series in which a Member may participate. Therefore, NASCAR views a Member’s conduct, both on and off the race track, which might constitute a behavioral Rules violation under this Rule Book with great importance.

12.8.c – In part, due to their individual nature, and the context in which they may have occurred, behavioral infractions do not lend themselves to a structure similar to that outlined in Race Disqualification, L1 and L2 for technical infractions or At-Track penalties. However, when reviewing and making a determination about the more common behavioral actions that have arisen from time to time, NASCAR will generally refer to the Member Conduct Guidelines in this Section with regards to issuing a Penalty Notice or taking other action.

12.8.i- NASCAR will generally refer to the following Member Conduct Guidelines when determining if any official action is required and, if so, what the scope of a Penalty Notice might include in most corresponding cases.

12.8.1.c – Member actions that could result in a loss of 25-50 driver and Team Owner Points and/or $12,500-$25,000 fine and/or one Race suspension, indefinite suspension, or termination:

• Physical confrontation with a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc.
  • Member-to-Member confrontation(s) with physical violence and other violent manifestations such as significant threat(s) and/or abuse and/or endangerment.
  • Attempting to manipulate the outcome of the Race or championship.
  • Intentionally wrecking another vehicle, whether or not that vehicle is removed from Competition as a result.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Had Sauter wrecked Hill during green flag racing he would have been OK IMO.

Agreed. There was a lot of talk about it yesterday on Nascar radio.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:21 AM, ckf said:

Iowa post-race penalties announced; Johnny Sauter suspended one race

By
Scott Page June 18, 2019 at 2:39 PM

NASCAR has released the post-race penalties from Iowa Speedway:

#13-Johnny Sauter has been suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Championship Points Event [this weekend at Gateway]. He remains eligible to compete for the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Championship.

The violation was for: Sections 12.1.a; 12.2.b Emergency Action; 12.8.a,c,i NASCAR Member Conduct; 12.8.1.c Member Conduct Guidelines
Note: Correct and proper conduct, both on and off the race track, is part of a Member’s responsibilities.

In addition, #88-Matt Crafton received a lug nut penalty.  His crew chief Carl Joiner has been fined $2,500.

Furthermore, Clifford Turner has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for violation of the Substance Abuse Policy.

— NASCAR —

See the complete penalty report here.

The sections referenced in Sauter’s penalty is as follows:

12.1.a – If NASCAR/NEM observes or is made aware of an act or omission by a NASCAR Member that constitutes a violation of the NASCAR Rules or that is detrimental to stock car racing or NASCAR, and if NASCAR/NEM determines that the act or omission is sufficiently serious to warrant the imposition of a Penalty, the Official shall report the violation to the Series Managing Director and/or Senior Vice President, Competition as soon as practicable.

12.2.b – Examples of conduct warranting such emergency action include, but are not limited to, the consumption of alcoholic beverages, stimulants, depressants, tranquilizers or other drugs before or during an Event, the use of illegal drugs at any time, fighting, aggressive driving, Rules violations, Race procedure violations, or any other directive of a NASCAR Official.

12.8.a – NASCAR membership is a privilege. With that privilege comes certain benefits, responsibilities and obligations. Correct and proper conduct, both on and off the race track, is part of a Member’s responsibilities. A Member’s actions can reflect upon the sport as a whole and on other NASCAR Members. Ideally, NASCAR Members are role models for the many fans who follow this sport, regardless of the type of license a Member may hold, or the specific Series in which a Member may participate. Therefore, NASCAR views a Member’s conduct, both on and off the race track, which might constitute a behavioral Rules violation under this Rule Book with great importance.

12.8.c – In part, due to their individual nature, and the context in which they may have occurred, behavioral infractions do not lend themselves to a structure similar to that outlined in Race Disqualification, L1 and L2 for technical infractions or At-Track penalties. However, when reviewing and making a determination about the more common behavioral actions that have arisen from time to time, NASCAR will generally refer to the Member Conduct Guidelines in this Section with regards to issuing a Penalty Notice or taking other action.

12.8.i- NASCAR will generally refer to the following Member Conduct Guidelines when determining if any official action is required and, if so, what the scope of a Penalty Notice might include in most corresponding cases.

12.8.1.c – Member actions that could result in a loss of 25-50 driver and Team Owner Points and/or $12,500-$25,000 fine and/or one Race suspension, indefinite suspension, or termination:

• Physical confrontation with a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc.
  • Member-to-Member confrontation(s) with physical violence and other violent manifestations such as significant threat(s) and/or abuse and/or endangerment.
  • Attempting to manipulate the outcome of the Race or championship.
  • Intentionally wrecking another vehicle, whether or not that vehicle is removed from Competition as a result.

Sauter will be at WI Dells Raceway tonight. I think Im going to take the kids and my dad and go watch him wreck somebody.

I've seen Sauter race Super Late Models many times. Probably at least 20. And I'd be willing to bet in at least 15 of those races he at min spun someone out.

I was at this race. To be honest, 36 usually has to run into someone to pass them, just like here. The 25 got the short end, and is probably one of the cleanest drivers in the midwest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Natalie Decker crashes out of the truck race...eesh.

Many racing sites are giving her heat. I think she needs to drop down a series or two and get much needed seat time , run as often as her parents checkbook can afford. Decker is in way over her head in the francecar truck series , and her results prove it . imo

Edited by hwytohell

3 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Many racing sites are giving her heat. I think she needs to drop down a series or two and get much needed seat time , run as often as her parents checkbook can afford. Decker is in way over her head in the francecar truck series , and her results prove it . imo

X2....Hailie Deegan is only 17 but has shown that she can win and she isn't running in the truck series yet.