Check your account email address ×

Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Stock with studs, most guys are reporting 116-120 on ice. 110-115 on snow. Distances around 2500 ft. Only videos I have seen have been drag races.

If your a guy who wants to see how fast your sled goes stock, you are also likely to be the guy who's going throw mods at it too.

How's the Cat version running? Same sled different clutches.

What did the "old " T Cats run in 2500' stock and modified?

8 minutes ago, bladefever said:

It would be nice to see all four big guns run top end on that track just to compare.  I find that more measurable.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, bladefever said:

The speeds seem close. I'm no clutch guy but from what I have read, the Yamaha has more belt eating issues. Something to do with the pour backshift of the secondary.

It would be nice if someone lined them all up on one day and gave results. Different conditions makes it tough to compare.

One of the mags did a top speed test not that many years ago and wasn't it the Apex that was fastest in a 1/4 mile?

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The speeds seem close. I'm no clutch guy but from what I have read, the Yamaha has more belt eating issues. Something to do with the pour backshift of the secondary.

You better not say that over at TY!!!

You will be banded for life + 20....

According to the guys running " Blue " they have the best clutches in the industry.

Edited by bladefever
Changes

That's the only way.  Any other info is meaningless.  Conditions can alter trap speeds by 25-30 mph. 

5 hours ago, Poncho said:

It would be nice to see all four big guns run top end on that track just to compare.  I find that more measurable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poncho said:

I used to mod but only clutching.  My XCR will stay stock.....this year :)  I have yet to run head to head with another comparable XCR 800.  The machine is not a big number runner, it's geared for trail fun.  Last weekend on my runway, groomed, loose snow 0 C.  The best I got on radar was 92mph indicated 97mph.  The other sleds I was with run GSX 600 ETEC 86mph, 2011 Rush 800 89mph, 2015 AXYS 800 91mph.  The AXYS wasn't pulling good RPM that day.

The normal AXYS seem to be running faster top ends than the XCRs from what I am hearing.   I am interested to figure out if the gearing changes much with the different pitch track enough to mess with the top end?  Polaris said last spring that the XCR would be their top end machine and it is starting to sound like that is not the case?

I call bullshit on that.......  Never any Cudney parts, reflashes,headers, etc.?   :)

6 hours ago, Poncho said:

I used to mod but only clutching.  My XCR will stay stock.....this year :)  I have yet to run head to head with another comparable XCR 800.  The machine is not a big number runner, it's geared for trail fun.  Last weekend on my runway, groomed, loose snow 0 C.  The best I got on radar was 92mph indicated 97mph.  The other sleds I was with run GSX 600 ETEC 86mph, 2011 Rush 800 89mph, 2015 AXYS 800 91mph.  The AXYS wasn't pulling good RPM that day.

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I call bullshit on that.......  Never any Cudney parts, reflashes,headers, etc.?   :)

I've claimed numerous times clutch parts and exhaust....never reflashes or internals.....try to stay up....:)

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

The normal AXYS seem to be running faster top ends than the XCRs from what I am hearing.   I am interested to figure out if the gearing changes much with the different pitch track enough to mess with the top end?  Polaris said last spring that the XCR would be their top end machine and it is starting to sound like that is not the case?

Stock for stock the XCR might have a slight edge.  Gearing on the XCR is 22/37 with a 2.52 pitch 1.325" track, the AXYS 23/37 2.86 pitch 1.25" track.  Engine must rev 8200 - 8300 to work in both cases.  Mine revs high 8500 in -5C conditions....I need a little weight in the clutch.....but that would involve a clutch mod and outside the Puzzle approval limits...lol

• Like 1

So, "only clutching" was indeed misleading .... :)

I've claimed numerous times clutch parts and exhaust....never reflashes or internals.....try to stay up....:)

Edited by Puzzleboy

10 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

So, "only clutching" was indeed misleading ....

We know you love clutching......

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Poncho said:

I can image they will sit on those SW's and 9000's for some time.....after studding, spare belt and tax 20K out the door is the reality.....there will be some fire sales for sure.

Another friend just bought a out of the crate, brand new, 2017 ZR9000 for 16K, OTD.

Great deals to be had out their, IF anyone is looking. After another crappy snow year, smart dealers are dumping any sled they can.