Check your account email address ×

All you’re sled rip are belong to me!

Rod

2 hours ago, ACE said:

RR does have just a little more push in the corners than I’d like at times but not enough to bother me to worry about dialing it out 

as the snow conditions got harder it was better 

when it did push though it was still 100% predictable and even if you were pushing through a corner over stutter bumps it just didn’t seem to affect the sled at all 

These pretty much eliminated the push. No darting either. 

It’s a dually shaper

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-5639-251-5639-252-5639-253-deuce-twin-carbide-wearbar-sold-individually-2002-2019-models

Edited by bussman

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

I tried a lot of different carbides and the slim Jim duellys worked the best for me for trail riding.

After some reading on FB and seeing Bhent and Drew mention them several times, I invested in some of these to see how they are. IMG_20200216_170444061.thumb.jpg.86e0388ac76600929c07436c3ba0f36c.jpg

Just doing the shims for now. Gonna stick with the Shaper Bars for now. If the shims alone work, cool. If not, I may try some Triple Points and ski savers next year. 

20 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

After some reading on FB and seeing Bhent and Drew mention them several times, I invested in some of these to see how they are. IMG_20200216_170444061.thumb.jpg.86e0388ac76600929c07436c3ba0f36c.jpg

Just doing the shims for now. Gonna stick with the Shaper Bars for now. If the shims alone work, cool. If not, I may try some Triple Points and ski savers next year. 

I used shims on my XP, didn’t really notice any difference. People rave about the triple points, I’ve never tried them. 

Just now, Edmo said:

I used shims on my XP, didn’t really notice any difference. People rave about the triple points, I’ve never tried them. 

I have the Triple Points on my Curve skis and really like them. I think my only mistake was getting the 8" ones instead of the 6's as, because of the weight of my sled, it can be a bear steering when things get slow. Not unbearable by any stretch, but in my case, I think the 6" ones would have been better?

Due to the design/nature of the Curve skis and how tight/tough they were to install, trying to add shims is out of the question. I tried numerous times but no way Jose! 

Just now, Edmo said:

I used shims on my XP, didn’t really notice any difference.

People rave about the triple points, I’ve never tried them. 

For $10, I figured I'd give them a try.

Me neither. I use to run Woody's , then I tried Shapers and like them better. 

From what I read about the RAS X  front end (and RMotion X) they won't need anything. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Mobil 1 0W30?

About $40-$45 for me up here with Mobil-1 0W-40 European formula and a High Flo (HF) 147 filter. The one time, years ago, I used Yamaha oil and filter, it was over $90 dollars CDN. Their oil/filter is nothing special at all, just the price. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, irv said:

About $40-$45 for me up here with Mobil-1 0W-40 European formula and a High Flo (HF) 147 filter. The one time, years ago, I used Yamaha oil and filter, it was over $90 dollars CDN. Their oil/filter is nothing special at all, just the price. 

Might be cheaper but changing oil in a 4 stroke is a bigger PITA than adding 2 stroke oil every 3rd or 4th ride. 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Might be cheaper but changing oil in a 4 stroke is a bigger PITA than adding 2 stroke oil every 3rd or 4th ride. 

Mine's the Vector so it's not near as bad as the Apex's. No idea what the sidewinders or other 4 strokes are like but doing it once a year only will always be a plus to me. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

Mine's the Vector so it's not near as bad as the Apex's. No idea what the sidewinders or other 4 strokes are like but doing it once a year only will always be a plus to me. 

Not terrible but still a mess.   Remove small panel (5 torx screws) of the belly to access the drain and filter.   Time wise under an hour but I can fill a 2 stroke in about 30 seconds and Doo's summerization mode of really fucking nice.