Check your account email address ×

Fed chief issues stark warning to Congress on deficits

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How about this piece of fucking trash quits slashing rates and expanding the balance sheet via the discount window ala QE4 while the economy is still growing.

Truthfully the economy would tank quickly with out it.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

So then what difference does the fed deficit make? 

The economy needs a healthy contraction and for the worlds central banks to quit creating massive bubbles 

Just now, f7ben said:

So then what difference does the fed deficit make? 

The economy needs a healthy contraction and for the worlds central banks to quit creating massive bubbles 

None until it has to be paid down, and it never will. 

It's a tough nut to crack for sure.  You have to ask yourself, is the near doubling of the deficit and 23 trillion and rising debt, worth a 1 % drop in UE ?  Where do you think our GDP would be without all this spending?  

I'm afraid it will be a total collapse again, I don't see anyone willing to take the heat for the discomfort to gradually deflate the bubble. 

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

None until it has to be paid down, and it never will. 

It's a tough nut to crack for sure.  You have to ask yourself, is the near doubling of the deficit and 23 trillion and rising debt, worth a 1 % drop in UE ?  Where do you think our GDP would be without all this spending?  

I'm afraid it will be a total collapse again, I don't see anyone willing to take the heat for the discomfort to gradually deflate the bubble. 

I just can’t see how this hypocrite can urge Congress to reduce the deficit while he piles on debt through central bank policy that only helps the rich

Just now, f7ben said:

I just can’t see how this hypocrite can urge Congress to reduce the deficit while he piles on debt through central bank policy that only helps the rich

When was the last time anything was done that didn't in one way or another help the rich?

Just now, 1jkw said:

When was the last time anything was done that didn't in one way or another help the rich?

As a byproduct or exclusively like jamming free cash down banks throats to do nothing other than inflate the markets?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As a byproduct or exclusively like jamming free cash down banks throats to do nothing other than inflate the markets?

Both, but inflating the market sure helps those that bought up huge amounts of stock when the market was down, and they will sell off at a nice rate of return and wait to buy it back low again.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Both, but inflating the market sure helps those that bought up huge amounts of stock when the market was down, and they will sell off at a nice rate of return and wait to buy it back low again.

So rich people?

Trump bashed Powell on Twitter in the middle of his testimony, blaming the Fed chief for a slight dip in the Dow Jones Industrial Average that began during his House appearance. 

“When Jerome Powell started his testimony today, the Dow was up 125, & heading higher. As he spoke it drifted steadily downward, as usual, and is now at -15. Germany & other countries get paid to borrow money. We are more prime, but Fed Rate is too high, Dollar tough on exports,” Trump tweeted.

what a fucking idiot. 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Trump bashed Powell on Twitter in the middle of his testimony, blaming the Fed chief for a slight dip in the Dow Jones Industrial Average that began during his House appearance. 

“When Jerome Powell started his testimony today, the Dow was up 125, & heading higher. As he spoke it drifted steadily downward, as usual, and is now at -15. Germany & other countries get paid to borrow money. We are more prime, but Fed Rate is too high, Dollar tough on exports,” Trump tweeted.

what a fucking idiot. 

Dude is a complete fucking moron

He doesn’t ever watch the market though derp :lol:

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

what a fucking idiot. 

It’s a massive manipulation of federal intervention that’s keeping this economy looking healthy. How the fuck can’t anyone with eyes not see it? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reality is the Fed rate is also about where other countries are at and our dollar than maybe anything right now.  That being said the fed rate was far too low for far too long even before the financial crash of 07-08.   

I do not disagree that there is issues inside this economy however the so called QE that is occurring is different than previous QE's in what is being done or purchased by the fed.  Then much of what was being purchased was almost worthless mortgage backed securities as well as Treasuries.   That is not occurring today.   Today banks are solidifying their reserves.   The question is why at this level?   Is it due to strong borrowing going on and people just not putting money in the bank?   With strong markets this does occur ( people put their money elsewhere) so if banks want to borrow their own reserves cannot cover it.   We did go thru a period of significant quantitative tightening until this past fall as well.  

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/market-insights/2019/quantitative-tightening-impact.html

reduction-fed-security.png

Edited by Highmark

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

How about this piece of fucking trash quits slashing rates and expanding the balance sheet via the discount window ala QE4 while the economy is still growing.

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That’s the truth. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Weird how the self proclaimed financial experts/Trump bag lappers ignore these threads. 

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is the Fed rate is also about where other countries are at and our dollar than maybe anything right now.  That being said the fed rate was far too low for far too long even before the financial crash of 07-08.   

I do not disagree that there is issues inside this economy however the so called QE that is occurring is different than previous QE's in what is being done or purchased by the fed.  Then much of what was being purchased was almost worthless mortgage backed securities as well as Treasuries.   That is not occurring today.   Today banks are solidifying their reserves.   The question is why at this level?   Is it due to strong borrowing going on and people just not putting money in the bank?   With strong markets this does occur ( people put their money elsewhere) so if banks want to borrow their own reserves cannot cover it.   We did go thru a period of significant quantitative tightening until this past fall as well.  

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/market-insights/2019/quantitative-tightening-impact.html

reduction-fed-security.png

Only post in this thread with any substance and accurate analysis, in a cadre full of dipshits.

Just now, f7ben said:

Crying woolie

Crying?  I"m laughing my balls off over you losing your shit daily over things you aren't qualified to comment on, yet think you have all figured out.  :lol:  The retards have taken over this asylum.  I'm just zinging you in the ass with a bb gun to annoy you.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Crying?  I"m laughing my balls off over you losing your shit daily over things you aren't qualified to comment on, yet think you have all figured out.  :lol:  The retards have taken over this asylum.  I'm just zinging you in the ass with a bb gun to annoy you.

You lost your shit over QE while it was Obama benefitting from it.

Now you’re silent as it’s Trumps economy being kept afloat by the printing press

youre a partisan fucking hack and not a very bright individual to start with

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Only post in this thread with any substance and accurate analysis, in a cadre full of dipshits.

If you think the level of debt, the near doubling of the deficit, and the trillions being lent aren't fueling a bubble you are off your meds.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

If you think the level of debt, the near doubling of the deficit, and the trillions being lent aren't fueling a bubble you are off your meds.

Trump is draining the swamp and he needs a 1 trillion dollar deficit and massive QE to do that. You should be thankful