Check your account email address ×

On 8/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, NaturallyAspirated said:

I like the garden hose sprayer misting the working side...

Neal

I’ve had to do the hose to the condenser on a trailer that was parked on mud at a MTV video shoot. The tractor couldn’t disconnect from the trailer because of the mud and not enough room for them to Jack knife it. Not enough air flow to the condenser. Some of the newer trailers have doors all down the sides to run portable cooling. We had one in route from the east coast  to a bears game. They called us and said the air stopped working at the last event. We had 15 tons of portable on the sides,while we worked around the clock on the trailer ac. Money is no object, if it’s a live feed,as you know. If it’s a big dollar event, they would pay us to sit there,Incase the ac started having problems. They must have a contract with someone else,because we haven’t gotten a call on one in a long time?

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve had to do the hose to the condenser on a trailer that was parked on mud at a MTV video shoot. The tractor couldn’t disconnect from the trailer because of the mud and not enough room for them to Jack knife it. Not enough air flow to the condenser. Some of the newer trailers have doors all down the sides to run portable cooling. We had one in route from the east coast  to a bears game. They called us and said the air stopped working at the last event. We had 15 tons of portable on the sides,while we worked around the clock on the trailer ac. Money is no object, if it’s a live feed,as you know. If it’s a big dollar event, they would pay us to sit there,Incase the ac started having problems. They must have a contract with someone else,because we haven’t gotten a call on one in a long time?

Ya during most major events there is a contractor on site during working hours.  

We use Johnson Controls almost exclusively, as they are nationwide, have a dispatch account, ect.

Neal

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ya during most major events there is a contractor on site during working hours.  

We use Johnson Controls almost exclusively, as they are nationwide, have a dispatch account, ect.

Neal

They also own York and they use a York system in a lot of those trailers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Or fucking fix the AC...

Neal

These retards think it’s comfort cooling. All of that electronic equipment will shut down when the inside of that trailer gets over 90deg. Then the live feed shuts down, depending on the event, that can cost a million $ a minute? I was told,those trailers can cost up to 10 million to build? Similar to a MRI trailer, but a lot more components.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

These retards think it’s comfort cooling. All of that electronic equipment will shut down when the inside of that trailer gets over 90deg. Then the live feed shuts down, depending on the event, that can cost a million $ a minute? I was told,those trailers can cost up to 10 million to build? Similar to a MRI trailer, but a lot more components.

Quit making sense

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yup, that particular truck is a single truck, mine is a triple set, so closer to 25-30 million for the fleet.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Well, like 20 people, but the gear is the critical thing to keep cool.  It's like a portable data center.

Neal

We also did a sprinkler on the roof to keep the sun load down once. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Is Snake filling in for pouts in this thread? Every thread needs someone to shit in it or its just not worth starting...

That's when I am filling in for MC.

Just now, Anler said:

Is Snake filling in for pouts in this thread? Every thread needs someone to shit in it or its just not worth starting...

He seems to know a lot about multi million dollar video editing trailers?