Check your account email address ×

Largest integrated steel producer in the USA

Will be announcing the idling of several furnaces. Just got word.

Steel industry is unraveling and that is bad news for the US economy .....demand is falling and prices along with it. 

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Steel industry is unraveling and that is bad news for the US economy .....demand is falling and prices along with it. 

Winning. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Slow the roll.  Overproduction.  The god damn ports here are flooded with pellets. Record shipping tonnage so far this year.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Slow the roll.  Overproduction.  The god damn ports here are flooded with pellets. Record shipping tonnage so far this year.

It's not just capacity dude.....prices have cratered because demand is falling. The auto sector is tanking , energy is tepid at best. It's not good right now

Just now, f7ben said:

It's not just capacity dude.....prices have cratered because demand is falling. The auto sector is tanking , energy is tepid at best. It's not good right now

Yes. Demand is dropping. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-steel-to-idle-two-furnaces-as-demand-falls-11560900740

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yeah but the pellets. :lol:

But production kept up well past the slowing signs of demand.  You should  see the shit waiting on pick up here.  I’m not even sure it is all spoken for yet.  

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

The sky isnt falling yet.....but this isnt a good sign. 

I make those pellets now.....I'd prefer not to get laid off 6 months after getting home. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Do you feel it important to show you ignorance in every thread?  I guess we all need something in which we can excel.  Whew!  You are really good at it!

The sky isnt falling yet.....but this isnt a good sign. 

I make those pellets now.....I'd prefer not to get laid off 6 months after getting home. 

And you just sobered up!!

Just now, Zambroski said:

But production kept up well past the slowing signs of demand.  You should  see the shit waiting on pick up here.  I’m not even sure it is all spoken for yet.  

Oh xammykins......those pellets dont mean two sweet fucks to anyone but us MNers. The steel industry is fuckin huge. A majority of steel is now produced by recyclers and no ore used at all. 

What I'm trying to say is nothing you see out your window means a thing when it comes to the steel industry

Just now, f7ben said:

Oh xammykins......those pellets dont mean two sweet fucks to anyone but us MNers. The steel industry is fuckin huge. A majority of steel is now produced by recyclers and no ore used at all. 

What I'm trying to say is nothing you see out your window means a thing when it comes to the steel industry

Well, I certainly don’t know too much about it but, basic supply and demand and the fact I’ve never seen this kind of build up in the ports tells me production is higher than it probably should be.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I certainly don’t know too much about it but, basic supply and demand and the fact I’ve never seen this kind of build up in the ports tells me production is higher than it probably should be.  

I appreciate that you arent well versed on it. To be honest I work with piles of guys that know almost nothing about the steel industry.

Let's just say that if zero pellets had been shipped out of the lake superior ports this year. It would have had virtually zero impact on the steel industry. In fact it's safe to say a firm zero impact lol. 

I appreciate that you arent well versed on it. To be honest I work with piles of guys that know almost nothing about the steel industry.

Let's just say that if zero pellets had been shipped out of the lake superior ports this year. It would have had virtually zero impact on the steel industry. In fact it's safe to say a firm zero impact lol. 

Well fuck.  That doesn’t sound good at all.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's just a huge industry and the ore we mine in MN is a very tiny little part of the raw material. Its huge for us but not a big deal when the whole industry is considered

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

So the economy can’t sustain the artificial adrenaline shot of corporate and personal tax cuts topped with massive deficit spending? Funny where did I hear someone predict that before. 

Either way hope it works out for you. :bc: 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

So the economy can’t sustain the artificial adrenaline shot of corporate and personal tax cuts topped with massive deficit spending? Funny where did I hear someone predict that before. 

Hmmm. But the trumpers say everything is awesome and we just didn't understand how it's going to work

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Every drug eventually wears off. 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

Do you feel it important to show you ignorance in every thread?  I guess we all need something in which we can excel.  Whew!  You are really good at it!

:lol:  more of Zambo the clown’s total lack of self awareness.  

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I picked up a load at one of our local mills yesterday and the shipper was saying they're holding at least 5 trailer loads of cut to size on their floor and a ton more on the floor of full length tubing. We've slowed down quite a bit in the past few weeks and once our customers start shutting down for their vacations itll get slower