Check your account email address ×

Welcome to the technology age

JEFF

This is the shit that should enrage every american. 

Google collects data on Android users' locations when location services are turned off, report says

More at link. 

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/11/21/google-collects-data-on-android-users-locations-when-location-services-are-turned-off-report-says.html

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Keystroke logging software has been around for a long time. they know every username and password you have. Thats why high security networks use a token with a different password every time you log in. 

3 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Eye in the sky. Everything you do is monitored. Need to deal with it or move to antarctica. 

I agree with that statement. Does that make it ok with you? 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The tech is not the issue.....its those in charge breaking the law using it. Google has no power to revoke my freedom. The government does. 

Bingo. Just think of the spy power of google and apple... It is mind blowing.  Would they/ do they share that info with any government agencies? Walk into any room full of people and say "hey siri take a picture" it's comical.   She's always listening.                     

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Bingo. Just think of the spy power of google and apple... It is mind blowing.  Would they/ do they share that info with any government agencies? Walk into any room full of people and say "hey siri take a picture" it's comical.   She's always listening.                     

We know from the Snowden leaks that the Govt threatens these companies with all types of illegal action unless they unlawfully cooperate. We are under attack by a tyrannical out of control government and nobody cares. Just makes sure you take your hat off when they play the anthem and condemn anyone who doesnt......the govt will keep us safe !!!!!111

• Gold Member

Just a few weeks ago I decided that my mobile privacy was a pipe dream and started using my droid tonits full potential as far as all the tracking and location services. Its pretty sweet how handy it can be. 

That being said its pretty much complete bullshit that when these companies can all but force us to give up rights in order to use the stuff. A form of civil rights should be adapted so that corporate america cant fuck our rights. And no, I dont mean that bullshit FDR came up with and Cass Sunstien parrots, that's hippy garbage. I mean a list of shit corporate america is not allowed to do or force the populace to conform to in order to utilize various products.

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We know from the Snowden leaks that the Govt threatens these companies with all types of illegal action unless they unlawfully cooperate. We are under attack by a tyrannical out of control government and nobody cares. Just makes sure you take your hat off when they play the anthem and condemn anyone who doesnt......the govt will keep us safe !!!!!111

Throat slitting mode activated!

Image result for triggered

22 minutes ago, JEFF said:

No it's not ok with me but I choose to use technology so I assume that risk. I have different security precautions for my larger accounts. Not something that can be easily stolen online. Unless they Jack one of the institutions but then it's insured. 

24 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

No it's not ok with me but I choose to use technology so I assume that risk. I have different security precautions for my larger accounts. Not something that can be easily stolen online. Unless they Jack one of the institutions but then it's insured. 

Exactly. We get this new tech and we accept whatever loss in privacy that comes with it. It's literally like crack... We have people buying and installing fucking spying machines in their homes ( Alexa  and others like it) for the simple fact that their too lazy to turn on their own music or lights. 

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Exactly. We get this new tech and we accept whatever loss in privacy that comes with it. It's literally like crack... We have people buying and installing fucking spying machines in their homes ( Alexa  and others like it) for the simple fact that their too lazy to turn on their own music or lights. 

Our phones have active listening. The wife and I are planning some home remodeling and right after certain conversations, she will be on her phone and ads pop up for what we were just talking about. Spooky as fuck.