Check your account email address ×

Taxes explained

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Cutting spending would be a good start.   25% to military and welfare.

Neal

I agree but it’s not there. This will be like the Dubya years....send every taxpayer a check for 600 bucks and charge it. The economy falters again and a Democrat cleans up the fuckin mess AGAIN.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I agree but it’s not there. This will be like the Dubya years....send every taxpayer a check for 600 bucks and charge it. The economy falters again and a Democrat cleans up the fuckin mess AGAIN.

please list what Obama did to fix our economy and Debt crisis. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That was the first round of tax "breaks" and it didn't do shit.  2nd round created the largest increase in tax revenue in our nations history.   Funny there was actually an episode on The West Wing that talked about a tax rebate and why they don't work.  

17 minutes ago, oleroule said:

the key is spending.

much of the federal spending isn't constitutional.

healthcare, education, etc should be at the state level.

I'm more concerned with the spending being appropriate for our society.  NASA isn't in the constitution but I support spending there, just as I do for education.  

It's obvious that we need a federal alignment of our education.  There needs to be minimum standards set for degree compliance, ect.  A vast majority of education should be paid for and regulated at the state level, no question, however all the states need to be graduating kids at the same standards.  That is a job for a federal education department.

Neal

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Really? Are you serious? Did you sleep for 8 years?

So thats a big nothing.....the evidence that Obama was bad is how the economy exploded the minute businesses figured out Hillary wasnt going to be president and Obama's policies would be rolled back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

So thats a big nothing.....the evidence that Obama was bad is how the economy exploded the minute businesses figured out Hillary wasnt going to be president and Obama's policies would be rolled back.

Bullshit, none of his economic policies have been rolled back.  He took the economy up from the dumps to marginally decent.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I'm more concerned with the spending being appropriate for our society.  NASA isn't in the constitution but I support spending there, just as I do for education.  

It's obvious that we need a federal alignment of our education.  There needs to be minimum standards set for degree compliance, ect.  A vast majority of education should be paid for and regulated at the state level, no question, however all the states need to be graduating kids at the same standards.  That is a job for a federal education department.

Neal

Talking to my nieces about their college a few weeks ago. They told me they can use their tablets and phones for exams. On line courses must be the same.

Are we watering down higher education?

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You too van winkle?

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

sorry, i disagree.

article 1, section 8 clearly defines congressional limits.

things like dept of education, energy, interior, transportation, nasa, etc. aren't authorized.

Edited by oleroule

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bullshit, none of his economic policies have been rolled back.  He took the economy up from the dumps to marginally decent.

Neal

A shit ton of his regulatory idiocy has been rolled back and much more is under threat. That is why the economy exploded and that is why the market is up 20% in a year

Obama and his garbage business policy was strangling what was ready to really heat up.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

A shit ton of his regulatory idiocy has been rolled back and much more is under threat. That is why the economy exploded and that is why the market is up 20% in a year

Obama and his garbage business policy was strangling what was ready to really heat up.

The market has been fake since March. All those gains will be lost soon. Even you said you moved your money.

oh and the coal industry isn’t making a comeback..

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The market has been fake since March. All those gains will be lost soon. Even you said you moved your money.

oh and the coal industry isn’t making a comeback..

Hey retard....I work in an actual industry that is tied to the economy like nothing you can imagine. I can tell you that 4 of our best 7 quarters ever have been the last 4 quarters and its because Obama and by extension Hillary are out of the picture. Now get back to the oatmeal and try not to make such a shitty mess for your orderly today

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Talking to my nieces about their college a few weeks ago. They told me they can use their tablets and phones for exams. On line courses must be the same.

Are we watering down higher education?

Absolutely, it's disgusting.

Parents should be the #1 responsible party for kids education, followed by the local school district, then the state, and then the feds.

Neal

30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

More lies , there are plenty of wasteful programs to cut

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey retard....I work in an actual industry that is tied to the economy like nothing you can imagine. I can tell you that 4 of our best 7 quarters ever have been the last 4 quarters and its because Obama and by extension Hillary are out of the picture. Now get back to the oatmeal and try not to make such a shitty mess for your orderly today

Meanwhile other areas are taking massive hits, agriculture for example.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Meanwhile other areas are taking massive hits, agriculture for example.

Neal

Good....the bullshit trade agreements that have gutted our middle class need to go. If farmers take a hit so be it

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I may be old but my memory is perfect. Why did you move your money?

16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Absolutely, it's disgusting.

Parents should be the #1 responsible party for kids education, followed by the local school district, then the state, and then the feds.

Neal

No nothing in class when I went to college. If you got caught cheating you were out. Today sure you can use google for your exam and fuck if it’s on line call a friend.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I may be old but my memory is perfect. Why did you move your money?

Because the market has been on an incredible 8 year run and I feel its over valued.....that has nothing to do with the fact that the shear optimism associated with the end of Obama's reign of idiocy has driven everything we are seeing right now. It could all come crashing down if the orange idiot doesnt start to deliver what he promised 

38 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Agreed but it shouldn't take 4400 employee's and a budget of almost $70 billion.   That's fucking nuts. 

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I don't think that is so unreasonable.  Depends on the services given.

Neal

The DOE doesn't need that many employee's or a budget of $70 billion to set a few standards.  $1400 per student to decide "standards."  :lol: