Check your account email address ×

prepare for it

the pie owners throwing us another crumb, while running off with bigger pieces of the pie. works every time. no worries rwws, I'm sure that extra pie they have will come trickling back down with ice cream!

my god I'd love to own a country full of rwws to take advantage of day in and day out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Yeah, those 47%ers are really taking a beating on taxes  

2. What income group pays the most federal income taxes today?

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don’t include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

9A91402B-5173-487F-9CBD-62744244A83E.jpeg.ecd9cd551a7cfd50348ccb8a33561ee8.jpegC01C6802-E1E7-4B7D-B4CE-C9A352932437.jpeg.55de7eb26f314959fa7f88cb5519c309.jpeg

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You're really taking the Clinton uranium one beatdown to heart.

nah, I think it's funny actually. just like this tax plan. you'll end up paying more in taxes, because they'll take away state tax deductions and other things from you. all the while enriching themselves. you're too dumb to realize what they just did. the debt will continue to climb, you'll say nothing, until the dems take over again. then it'll be a major problem again. it's the same old pattern with you nimwits.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

nah, I think it's funny actually. just like this tax plan. you'll end up paying more in taxes, because they'll take away state tax deductions and other things from you. all the while enriching themselves. you're too dumb to realize what they just did. the debt will continue to climb, you'll say nothing, until the dems take over again. then it'll be a major problem again. it's the same old pattern with you nimwits.

How many times are you dems going to keep repeating the same bullshit?   It's always the same, R tax cuts = bad, D taxes = good. 

Just now, racer254 said:

How many times are you dems going to keep repeating the same bullshit?   It's always the same, R tax cuts = bad, D taxes = good. 

can you claim state taxes on your 1040EZ form? do you even pay fed taxes at all :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

So the top 1% paid the least in taxes? Just as we thought. 

Level of comprehension......znotty.  :lol:  

can you claim state taxes on your 1040EZ form? do you even pay fed taxes at all :dunno:

How do you do it?  Wait, I bet you pay to have it done.  You can't be bothered with mundane details of taxes. 

10 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

So the top 1% paid the least in taxes? Just as we thought. 

1% paid 37% of the tax , yeah that’s the least. :lol:

maybe instead of complaining about the people that pay tax we should cut wasteful spending instead?

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How do you do it?  Wait, I bet you pay to have it done.  You can't be bothered with mundane details of taxes. 

I've never paid anyone to do my taxes, ever. I do them myself, even when they got a little complicated from moving around. many of us are very familiar with your tax calculation abilities, or lack thereof. you couldn't even calculate a basic progressive tax equation without having to google the answer :lol:

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Highmark said:

Level of comprehension......znotty.  :lol:  

read the graph bro. Those are graphs are designed to deceive. When 1% of the population receives 90% of the income they get all self righteous about the amount of taxes they have to pay. If the top 1% had to pay the same PERCENTAGE as the top 25% then we would see some real crying. And lets see the tax brackets on those Top 1%, 5%, 10% and 25%. I bet the top 25% probably makes are $50k which isnt shit. . 

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

read the graph bro. Those are graphs are designed to deceive. When 1% of the population receives 90% of the income they get all self righteous about the amount of taxes they have to pay. If the top 1% had to pay the same PERCENTAGE as the top 25% then we would see some real crying. And lets see the tax brackets on those Top 1%, 5%, 10% and 25%. I bet the top 25% probably makes are $50k which isnt shit. . 

Huh.   The graph says the top 1% receive 19% of the income yet pay 37% of the federal income taxes.  WTF are you reading.  

Dude you do realize the top 25% INCLUDES the top 1, 5 and 10 percentile groups in with them?  

Edited by Highmark

I've never paid anyone to do my taxes, ever. I do them myself, even when they got a little complicated from moving around. many of us are very familiar with your tax calculation abilities, or lack thereof. you couldn't even calculate a basic progressive tax equation without having to google the answer :lol:

:yawn:  It was 20+ pages of you being schooled.  At that time, your S.O. did your taxes and paid for your H.I. as I recall. 

Just now, racer254 said:

:yawn:  It was 20+ pages of you being schooled.  At that time, your S.O. did your taxes and paid for your H.I. as I recall. 

:lol:you've never schooled anyone. no, my spouse does not do our taxes but could. but we do buy health insurance through her employer. you can't get that correct either.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Huh.   The graph says the top 1% receive 19% of the income yet pay 37% of the federal income taxes.  WTF are you reading.  

The one that doesnt show the actual tax percentages paid by the top 1%. 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The one that doesnt show the actual tax percentages paid by the top 1%. 

Yeah it shows 31% to 37%.   Read my edit above.   You are out to lunch on this dude.   

16 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

To be in the top 25% now you are over $75K.

I'll repeat what I said before.   The top 25% includes the top 1-5-10 IN THEIR CALCULATIONS.  The difference between 10-25 would be what to look at for top 11-25.  :wall:

Edited by Highmark

47 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the pie owners throwing us another crumb, while running off with bigger pieces of the pie. works every time. no worries rwws, I'm sure that extra pie they have will come trickling back down with ice cream!

my god I'd love to own a country full of rwws to take advantage of day in and day out.

:snack:

IMG_3550.JPG

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To be in the top 25% now you are over $75K.

I'll repeat what I said before.   The top 25% includes the top 1-5-10 IN THEIR CALCULATIONS.  The difference between 10-25 would be what to look at for top 11-25.  :wall:

I know you like to pull out your IRS spreadsheet but anyone with any common sense knows that they dont pay those rates. Guys making $1,000,000+/year arent cutting weekly paychecks for $20K. By taking their pay in capital gains distributions and applying applicable credits and deductions most can get their tax liability under 15% and many pay 0%. So yeah top 1% made $20 trillion and paid $300 billion and complain about all of the taxes they had to pay. In comparison the schmucks making 25% earn $20 trillion and have to pay $600 billion in taxes. Seems fair.