Check your account email address ×

My drone footage on WBZ in Boston

ckf

On September 13, 2017 at 6:28 PM, ckf said:

Yesterday the chief meteorologist, Eric Fisher, from WBZ in Boston contacted me about using some of my drone footage on air. IThey used it on tonight's 5:30 news. I was able to stream it and use a screen recording software to record it. I've had my photos used by many different TV stations. This is the first time they have used one of my videos.

Would have been nice if you sent them a copy without the annoying music :ckf: 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Would have been nice if you sent them a copy without the annoying music :ckf: 

That was from the screen recording software I was using.  I was streaming the live broadcast on my laptop and using screen recording software to record it. It was all new to me, so I didn't know that it was going to overlay the music.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

That was from the screen recording software I was using.  I was streaming the live broadcast on my laptop and using screen recording software to record it. It was all new to me, so I didn't know that it was going to overlay the music.

Seriously :dunno: I figured they just took one of your videos from YouTube and ran it and yours always have the soft Muzak in them and they were talking over it, mind you they could have muted the audio :snack: 

5 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Seriously :dunno: I figured they just took one of your videos from YouTube and ran it and yours always have the soft Muzak in them and they were talking over it, mind you they could have muted the audio :snack: 

No, they deleted my audio and just used the video. I wouldn't normally listen to the type of music that I use on my videos. I use it because most people that watch them like to hear something calming music with that type of video.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

No, they deleted my audio and just used the video. I wouldn't normally listen to the type of music that I use on my videos. I use it because most people that watch them like to hear something calming music with that type of video.

I would rather hear wind noise and the drone motors :lol: you know I'm just fucking with you I hope, and not even that aggressively 

12 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I would rather hear wind noise and the drone motors :lol: you know I'm just fucking with you I hope, and not even that aggressively 

The prop noise is very annoying. Yes, and I don't mind at all. If I did I wouldn't have made this :ckf:   :lol:

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Nothing faster than 60fps?  Boo!

Neal

I think it will shoot 120fps in 720. I'm anxiously awaiting the Phantom 4 replacement. I was wishing it would happen before foliage season. It will probably come out just before Xmas. If that's the case I'd wait until late spring or until the price comes down.