Check your account email address ×

F150 shop call

Snake

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

No oil? That'll do it!

Made it a mile from the Ford quick lane.  They had to tow it as the 3 quarts they showed up with and put in it didn't even put the oil on the dip stick.  They bought and paid for a fresh motor out of the deal.

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Scotty Sidewinder is the shop foreman up at the Toyota garage. Does all my work. Give him the car, does the work, get it back after work. It's perfect.

Its good to have a guy.  I have my nephew, who's shop works on everything from boats to Bentley's.  Gets me tires mounted less than I can get them having to drive and pick them up at the TireRack.com warehouse.

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

We tried Yokohama's twice, did not last anywhere near as long as the  BF's or Michelin's, and Winter traction was awful.

The vert has Continental Extreme Contact. Stick like a fucking bug to a windshield, but one season I replace the front, the next year, the back.

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

The vert has Continental Extreme Contact. Stick like a fucking bug to a windshield, but one season I replace the front, the next year, the back.

Saying the vert is gay....

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Saying the vert is gay....

I'm so sorry. With three in the front yard, it makes it easier to differentiate.

Would 'car better than any GM product I ever owned' be an acceptable replacement?

Just now, Snake said:

I'm so sorry. With three in the front yard, it makes it easier to differentiate.

Would 'car better than any GM product I ever owned' be an acceptable replacement?

Must look like a used car lot!!!! :lol:

6 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Must look like a used car lot!!!! :lol:

Like a FOREIGN used car lot. The truck stays parked on the side of the lawn, as to keep away rust creep from the real vehicles.

36 minutes ago, Snake said:

Like a FOREIGN used car lot. The truck stays parked on the side of the lawn, as to keep away rust creep from the real vehicles.

:lol: stop the misery...dump the Ford

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've had great luck with my last 2 trucks. Both f-150s.  60k on the 12 with zeros issues and almost 40 on the current 14. It just had its first issue. Fuel pump fuse under the hood wood get hot and fail but not blow.  So it would just crank at startup. Dealer took me in 1rst thing Monday.$21 part. They basically move the fuse to the other side of the box. Cost me a hundo. 

I would def buy a Ford again. But my oldest kid just left his good job as a draftsman for a log home kit company to f'n sell cars at a big Chrysler place.  So I'll prolly end up in a ram next time around. 

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I've had great luck with my last 2 trucks. Both f-150s.  60k on the 12 with zeros issues and almost 40 on the current 14. It just had its first issue. Fuel pump fuse under the hood wood get hot and fail but not blow.  So it would just crank at startup. Dealer took me in 1rst thing Monday.$21 part. They basically move the fuse to the other side of the box. Cost me a hundo. 

I would def buy a Ford again. But my oldest kid just left his good job as a draftsman for a log home kit company to f'n sell cars at a big Chrysler place.  So I'll prolly end up in a ram next time around. 

I'll probably go Tundra.

7 minutes ago, Shifty said:

If you tow any thing heavy....stay away from ram 1/2 ton or get air bags....the sag is unreal with the suv rear suspension...nice ride when not towing though.