Check your account email address ×

Black therapist with hands up shot by cops while helping patient

helping patient

July 21, 2016 | 3:47am

Modal Trigger
Charles Kinsey lies in the street with his hands raised next to an autistic man in Florida.Photo: Hilton Napoleon

Cops in Florida shot and wounded an African-American behavioral therapist lying in the street with his hands raised next to a troubled autistic man whom he was trying to help, according to the victim’s account and a disturbing video of the incident.

Charles Kinsey can be seen and heard pleading with the North Miami officers that their weapons were not necessary, and that the autistic man was carrying only a toy truck, according to WSVN-TV.

Modal Triggeruntitled-141.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=Photo: Hilton Napoleon

“When I went to the ground, I’m going to the ground just like this here with my hands up,” Kinsey told the station from his hospital bed, where he was recovering from a wound to his leg.

“I’m telling them again, ‘Sir, there is no need for firearms. I’m unarmed, he’s an autistic guy. He got a toy truck in his hand.’ ”

After a tense back-and-forth, Kinsey said, one cop opened fire.

“I’m like this right here [holding his arms up], and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” Kinsey said.

“It was like a mosquito bite and when it hit me, I’m like, I still got my hands in the air, and I said, ‘No, I just got shot!’ And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.’ ”

2 hours ago, Ebsell said:

Do you guys even train your Police ? Serious question, seems like a lot of them are idiots 

They lowered the minimum written exam score in a lot of places to make the departments more diverse.  

I think the result was more dumb white guys.

20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

They lowered the minimum written exam score in a lot of places to make the departments more diverse.  

I think the result was more dumb white guys.

uncle znotty probably could have even made the force in todays day and age

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

uncle znotty probably could have even made the force in todays day and age

With recent events.....I bet that old boy is all worked up!

With nowhere to rant he is probably going to have a heart attack.

:lol:

5 hours ago, Ebsell said:

Do you guys even train your Police ? Serious question, seems like a lot of them are idiots 

Yeah his shot was way off right?

1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

attempted murder

Lousy gun control some may say.

We shall see what happens but I would think he should lawyer up...we would have to..oh wait..he has his "brotherhood" and the union behind him.

Edited by Capt.Storm

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

If this were a civilian and a guy who robbed a gas station the civilian would be arrested and charged with a crime, so should this cop.

Laying there with his hands up and yelling there is no gun and the other guy has a toy truck but yet the cop shoots him..wtf.

He should be in jail now.