Check your account email address ×

File under WTF??? Mattis: US 'actively reviewing' sending weapons to Ukraine

WTF are we doing?

Mattis: US 'actively reviewing' sending weapons to Ukraine

Source: The Hill

BY REBECCA KHEEL - 08/24/17 02:04 PM EDT

Defense Secretary James Mattis said Thursday that the Trump administration is “actively reviewing” whether to provide weapons to Ukrainians who are fighting Russian-backed rebels.

“On the defensive lethal weapons, we are actively reviewing it,” Mattis said during a press conference alongside Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.

“I will go back, now, having seen the current situation, and be able to inform the secretary of State and the president in very specific terms what I recommend for the direction ahead.”

Mattis spoke during a visit to Kiev. He is the first Defense secretary to visit Ukraine since 2007 and his trip was timed to coincide with Ukrainian Independence Day, including participating in a ceremony to mark the occasion.

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/347827-mattis-trump-admin-actively-reviewing-sending-ukraine-weapons

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Ummmmm....they did for the last 60 years

:lol: And now they are taking from our arms deal with the UE selling them jets

Edited by Skidooski

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....and what was our response retard

The Soviets/Russia have supplied every piece of Cuban military equipment. Tanks, fighter jets and heavy artillery etc for the last 60 years and continue to this day...look it up shit for brains.

Stupid and don't approve.   Any weapons we give them will just end up in Russian hands.  Like many other places Obama, NATO and the UN handed Trump a shit sandwich in Ukraine.  

Edited by Highmark

"mathis? dipshit here. you know, the one who knows more about our military than you and everyone else? anyway, I need a favor. this Russian thingy is getting too close for comfort and I need to do some things to make the idiot trumpsters think I'm really not sucking off putin all the time. can you help me out here?

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

"mathis? dipshit here. you know, the one who knows more about our military than you and everyone else? anyway, I need a favor. this Russian thingy is getting too close for comfort and I need to do some things to make the idiot trumpsters think I'm really not sucking off putin all the time. can you help me out here?

sure you go with that

Amazing a guy with respect from both sides of the aisle takes a position with the Trump admin and now he's just another stooge. 

FTR i think we need to stop nation building and let people figure it out themselves including the Ukranians.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sure you go with that

Amazing a guy with respect from both sides of the aisle takes a position with the Trump admin and now he's just another stooge. 

FTR i think we need to stop nation building and let people figure it out themselves including the Ukranians.  

so stooges don't take orders from the boss? and that's a pretty safe comment, don't you think? "reviewing"? we won't hear about this topic again.

Edited by Snoslinger

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

so stooges don't take orders from the boss? and that's a pretty safe comment, don't you think? "reviewing"? we won't hear about this topic again.

Mattis is no stooge you fucking hack....good god your cuntiness is off the charts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

sure you go with that

The Ukranians had a nation already built and they got invaded. They are talking about transferring old anti-tank missiles and some other defensive shit. We have pissed away billions more in the middle east and any thing good is already been disected in Russia and the PRC.