Check your account email address ×

Chesapeake Bay Mayor Smacks Down Al Gore on Global Warming With One Question

Chesapeake Bay Mayor Smacks Down Al Gore on Global Warming With One Question

Kacie Burnett  Wednesday August 2 2017

If I had a nickel for every time Al Gore sputtered retarded claims about climate change, I’d probably have like 20 dollars or something (see Al Gore Blames Man-Made ‘Climate Change’ for Brexit). Sadly, the world doesn’t give us money in exchange for suffering the left’s stupidity. But here’s something the world has given us: fresh video evidence of Al Gore getting his butt handed to him by someone who knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

Gore recently claimed the tides are rising in the Chesapeake Bay. An unstoppable doom ensuing from climate change. You know who disagrees? James Eskridge. He’s the Mayor of a town on an island in the Chesapeake Bay.

MAYOR ESKRIDGE: I’m a commercial crabber, and I’ve been working the Chesapeake Bay for fifty-plus years. And I have a crab house business out on the water. And water level is the same it was when the place was built in 1970. I’m not a scientist but I’m a keen observer, and if sea levels rises are occurring, why am I not seeing signs of it? Our island is disappearing, but it’s because of erosion and not because of sea level rising, unless we get a seawall, we will lose our island. But, back to the question, why am I not seeing signs of the sea level rising?

AL GORE: Well arguments about science aren’t necessarily going to be any comfort to you and I’m sorry for what you’re going through. It won’t necessarily do you any good for me to tell you that the scientists do say that the sea level is rising in the Chesapeake Bay.

This touches on something global warming/cooling/change climate alarmists don’t get. People have been hearing the same “the sky is falling” stories for decades. Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance first came out in 1992, and the sky was falling for years before that. Yet here we are…

al gore

So when we point out the flaw in the models, it’s because we’ve been bought and paid for by BIG OIL! Kidding. It’s because there are actually decades of flaws in the models (see Climate Expert: ‘Global Warming is Far from ‘Settled Science’…” and Climate Models Used for Last Six Decades Definitively Proven False).

But don’t take it from me, listen for yourself below. Courtesy of an actual scientist.

NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Search Google for Proof sea levels are actually rising.   Its hilarious the little or no documented evidence that is available.  Anything that they measure like small islands disappearing talks about what this guy does, erosion, not proof of the water actually rising. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Really .....I live on the coast and where I surf fished in the 60's is now under water even at low tide.

gw-graphic-local-sea-level-rise-and-tida

Funny I just spent a week in Siesta Key Florida and asked some local old timers that have been there for 50 years and they said they don't think sea levels have rose 1".  

How do sea levels rise more on the east coast without it be caused by erosion or storms.   Sea level is sea level.  Once side of the Atlantic can't rise without the other side rising. :lol:   

Sea level is the base level for measuring elevation and depth on Earth. Because theocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same levelthroughout the world.

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Funny I just spent a week in Siesta Key Florida and asked some local old timers that have been there for 50 years and they said they don't think sea levels have rose 1".  

How do sea levels rise more on the east coast without it be caused by erosion or storms.   Sea level is sea level.  Once side of the Atlantic can't rise without the other side rising. :lol:   

It's easy to be a casual observer and realize that 90% of the people pushing this have ulterior motives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Really .....I live on the coast and where I surf fished in the 60's is now under water even at low tide.

we are supposed to be alarmed and tax the shit out of everyone because these cities are having 'flood events' 1-10 days a decade?

that's 1-10 days every 3650 days.

stupid.

Edited by oleroule

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Sea level is the base level for measuring elevation and depth on Earth. Because theocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same levelthroughout the world.

they dont think...lmao

Just now, Snoslinger said:

yeah anyway. the island is sinking, not the sea level rising.

:lol:

Did you watch the video stupid? There has been no rise in sea level, There is an erosion issue

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Did you watch the video stupid? There has been no rise in sea level, There is an erosion issue

because this guy said so? scientists say otherwise. leave it to you to look like a complete idiot, once again.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

because this guy said so? scientists say otherwise. leave it to you to look like a complete idiot, once again.

no they don't and of course you didn't watch the video did you

59 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

They say it but they can't show it. :lol:  

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Union of Concerned Scientists :lol:Their title should be Union of Political Fraudsters

21 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Union of Concerned Scientists :lol:Their title should be Union of Political Fraudsters

What happens to their funding if they came out and said the Ocean's aren't rising?  It would dry up instantly. :lol:  

http://www.ucsusa.org/about/funding.html#.WYJE6ITyuUk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

any one find it odd that seal levels have risen more in NJ than MA ? I thought water found its own natural level . all crap and dependent on what time of day what month all the data can be and is manipulated to fit the narrative. 

20 hours ago, Mainecat said:

they dont think...lmao

The laws of physic's disagree.

I read the article your "graph comes from."  Sea's cannot unequally rise but sinking land and an increase in average surge can make it appear to.  It never ceases to amaze me how many people fall for this "science."  

Ocean circulation changes linked to global warming and other factors have been causing seas to rise much faster than that along the sinking mid-Atlantic coastline — more than 3.5 inches per decade from 2002 to 2014 north of Cape Hatteras in North Carolina, a recent study showed.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I have surf fish off a barrier island since 1960, have spent summers there from 1960-1972 and witnessed the tides rise higher today than in the past.....what the fuck do I know.

Not much.....we've known that for years.:bc:

17 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

any one find it odd that seal levels have risen more in NJ than MA ? I thought water found its own natural level . all crap and dependent on what time of day what month all the data can be and is manipulated to fit the narrative. 

You obviously dont understand tides. Its cause the earths round and the moons gravit.....oh fuck just ask jtssx

Edited by Mainecat

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I have surf fish off a barrier island since 1960, have spent summers there from 1960-1972 and witnessed the tides rise higher today than in the past.....what the fuck do I know.

it's a mix of erosion and the island sinking :lol: