Check your account email address ×

Wow...how things change

• Platinum Contributing Member

Donald Trump's campaign against Isis results in nearly as many civilian deaths as during Obama's entire administration

Nearly as many Iraqi and Syrian civilians have died in US-led air strikes under Donald Trump as were killed during the whole administration of Barack Obama, independent analysts say. 

As of 13 July, more than 2,200 civilians had been killed by the US-led international coalition against Isis since Donald Trump entered the White house in January - compared with the estimated 2,300 civilians who died during similar strikes between 2014 and 2016.

Roughly 80 civilians per month died in strikes under Mr Obama but this has now risen to approximately 360 per month under Mr Trump, according to research by the military tracking organisation Airwars.

Part of the rise in these figures is due to the changing nature of the war against Isis, as the jihadist group became entrenched in the major cities of Mosul and Raqqa, coalition officials say, though they insist that every effort is made to avoid civilian casualties.

The coalition's own civilian casualty figures are much lower than Airwars', but they too show an increase since January.

Around 40 per cent of the 603 civilians the coalition has admitted killing during the campaign died during the first four months of Mr Trump’s administration. 

The new figures come after Mr Trump promised to “bomb the s*** out of Isis” on the campaign trail.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/donald-trump-syria-death-toll-campaign-military-operations-barack-obama-administration-a7844526.html

Well I'm doubtful of the collection of this data but in any case get the fuck out of the ME.  

• Like 1

They knew going in taking these cities back from isis was going to be brutal and ugly. Have you seen the pictures of Mosul? 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

how many decades will the iraq and syrian debacles follow america around? i wonder what strange monstrosity will rear its head after isis? 

The middle east is a no win situation for the US.   Help them get democracy they still hate you.   Help them defeat a communist aggressor they still  hate you.   Say Israel has the right to exist they hate you.  The ME is in a cultural war within itself.   Its no win until the Islamic religion changes.   That's not gonna happen.   Get OUT.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The middle east is a no win situation for the US.   Help them get democracy they still hate you.   Help them defeat a communist aggressor they still  hate you.   Say Israel has the right to exist they hate you.  The ME is in a cultural war within itself.   Its no win until the Islamic religion changes.   That's not gonna happen.   Get OUT.  

Yep, if they aren't fighting they aren't happy.