Check your account email address ×

Damn thing works!

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)

Couple things that make me go hmmmm with what they've been talking about with Webb discoveries.

They are now claiming to see galaxies far older than they originally predicted could have existed if the universe was 13.8 billion years old.   This puts into question the big bang and that timeline.

The graphics I see show the direction of expansion from the big bang in "one" direction.  Don't explosion forces somewhat go out in 360 degree's and on multiple planes....spherical away from the center point?

If we are now seeing galaxies or light from the other side of the center why would they necessarily be older than the ones equal distance on "our side."  Shouldn't the galaxies the furthest from the point of origin also be the oldest?

I've always imagined the universe so large that we could never see the end of the other side no matter the telescopes capabilities.  

sddefault.jpg

e8adb3f0641374e39ccc4aab2be7c81269dcfd5d.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Couple things that make me go hmmmm with what they've been talking about with Webb discoveries.

They are now claiming to see galaxies far older than they originally predicted could have existed if the universe was 13.8 billion years old.   This puts into question the big bang and that timeline.

The graphics I see show the direction of expansion from the big bang in "one" direction.  Don't explosion forces somewhat go out in 360 degree's and on multiple planes....spherical away from the center point?

If we are now seeing galaxies or light from the other side of the center why would they necessarily be older than the ones equal distance on "our side."  Shouldn't the galaxies the furthest from the point of origin also be the oldest?

I've always imagined the universe so large that we could never see the end of the other side no matter the telescopes capabilities.  

sddefault.jpg

What galaxies are those?  From what I have seen the oldest galaxy observed by Webb was formed some 700 million years after the big bang, certainly able to be within the 13.8b year old origin of the universe.

The graphics depict a slice of a 3 dimensional view on a 2 dimensional surface.  The explosion did indeed evolve in an omnidirectional patter from the origin.  It similar to the demonstration of a weight on a trampoline showing the curvature of spacetime.  That is also only a small 2D slice of a 3D system.

Neal

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

sddefault.jpg

God put up his hand as a back stop. He wanted a funnel cake.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 9:39 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

What galaxies are those?  From what I have seen the oldest galaxy observed by Webb was formed some 700 million years after the big bang, certainly able to be within the 13.8b year old origin of the universe.

The graphics depict a slice of a 3 dimensional view on a 2 dimensional surface.  The explosion did indeed evolve in an omnidirectional patter from the origin.  It similar to the demonstration of a weight on a trampoline showing the curvature of spacetime.  That is also only a small 2D slice of a 3D system.

Neal

Glass-Z12. (formerly Glass-Z13)  Some 300-350 million years after the big bang.   Some estimates as little as 180 million years after.

JADES-GS-z13-0 is the oldest galaxy ever confirmed, and it's also the farthest away from the Big Bang, having a redshift of 13.2, meaning it appears to have formed 320–330 million years after the Big Bang. The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) discovered JADES-GS-z13-0 in 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLASS-z12

In many graphics like I shown before its deceiving.  All I was saying.  They don't explain well that the light we see now was from 13.X billion years ago placing that galaxy near the big bang when the galaxy actually now is a great distance away.    

Edited by Highmark