Check your account email address ×

Local race tracks

Kinross is the local track to me. I will go check out some events once the weather gets warm. I also watch a lot of Garett Mitchel’s pay per view races. He brought that old dosoto speedway out of the bushes, revived it and has people out there racing. 

43 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Kinross is the local track to me. I will go check out some events once the weather gets warm. I also watch a lot of Garett Mitchel’s pay per view races. He brought that old dosoto speedway out of the bushes, revived it and has people out there racing. 

I looked them up on MyRacePass. 

Their website has 2024 rules and 7 races. 

Be interesting to know how many cars they get in each class. 

They have to be the only pavement track for many miles around.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I looked them up on MyRacePass. 

Their website has 2024 rules and 7 races. 

Be interesting to know how many cars they get in each class. 

They have to be the only pavement track for many miles around.

It’s pretty much the only track. I have friends that race in it and it is more than you would think. It’s kinda like Mira for snowmobiles. They also are talking about making the soo I500 track a dirt track in the summer 

Edited by Not greg b

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It’s pretty much the only track. I have friends that race in it and it is more than you would think. It’s kinda like Mira for snowmobiles. They also are talking about making the soo I500 track a dirt track in the summer 

A quick search between the UP, the upper lower, and the Beaver side, there are like 6 pavement tracks within probably a 3 or less hour drive of da Soo.

I would think making the I-500 track a dirt track in the summer wouldn't draw a big car count.  Straights that long are hard on motors and I can only imagine how rough it would get thru the corners, plus the locals probably wouldn't have any of it.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

A quick search between the UP, the upper lower, and the Beaver side, there are like 6 pavement tracks within probably a 3 or less hour drive of da Soo.

I would think making the I-500 track a dirt track in the summer wouldn't draw a big car count.  Straights that long are hard on motors and I can only imagine how rough it would get thru the corners, plus the locals probably wouldn't have any of it.

In the 70's central Wisconsin had 4 half mile dirt tracks.  That is down to 1 now in Shawno Wis. which has long straights and tight corners.  The late model portion of the show use to have 3-4 heats and around 30 cars.  Now they only draw 9 to 12 late models total with one heat race and feature.  

Even guys local to Shawno in late models and other classes are choosing to run other shorter tracks in the area.