Check your account email address ×

Welcome to 'peak boomer' era: A wave of retirees is about to blow through their savings and cling to Social Security to stay afloat

now there's a phrase... "peak boomers" 

God help us all... 9_9

they'll probably just adjust the COLA so the SS Fund is nearly bankrupt earlier than 2035 

High inflation and stolen elections have consequences. 

Peak boomers should all be shower less smelly old van dwellers. Cheap way to go.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just filed for my SS....got approval via email and they said official notice will be coming in mail within 10 to 15 days.

Should get my first direct deposit 2nd Wednesday of June.   Just have to talk to accountant and figure out the tax implications. I don't have any being taken out as of yet and hardly any is being taken out of my pension.   Really don't want a surprise at the end of the year that I owe a ton.

25 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Just filed for my SS....got approval via email and they said official notice will be coming in mail within 10 to 15 days.

Should get my first direct deposit 2nd Wednesday of June.   Just have to talk to accountant and figure out the tax implications. I don't have any being taken out as of yet and hardly any is being taken out of my pension.   Really don't want a surprise at the end of the year that I owe a ton.

Is it taxed in your state? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Is it taxed in your state? 

I'm not sure....I know the pension is not taxed in PA. on the state level compared to NJ.

I haven't really looked into the social security yet. I'm just concerned about the federal tax.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I start Medicare along with a supplemental plan next year. It’s $300some per month. 

I've been on Medicare a "Medica" supplement for 12 years now.

Choose carefully on your supplement plan, some are close to worthless.