Check your account email address ×

11 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

All 24 miles of my section done. All signs picked up ready to dismantle 

Dismantle??  Do you take them apart every year??

6 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

yes

Wow - seems like a lot of work if the same trail goes back in the next year requiring the same signage.  But hey, you do what you need, thanks for taking care of a large section of trails!

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Wow - seems like a lot of work if the same trail goes back in the next year requiring the same signage.  But hey, you do what you need, thanks for taking care of a large section of trails!

some guys leave them together but it's easier for me to take them apart and use post pounder, I don't get help my way so it works best for me

• Like 5

Neighboring club has a series of plastic barrels with covers that they place along fence lines and in woods along their trail and store their signs in them.  Be nice not to have to bring them in and take them back out to the trail or store them.

We found this small trailer threw some extra tires I had on it.

we just leave barrels and signs in it and in the fall we hook up and off we go!!

we use small square tubing for stakes.

1/4 self tappers to screw signs on.

easily pound into ground with 10lb hammer!IMG_1937.thumb.png.b25ad011590fcb90243bbc8f80dbef47.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

We found this small trailer threw some extra tires I had on it.

we just leave barrels and signs in it and in the fall we hook up and off we go!!

we use small square tubing for stakes.

1/4 self tappers to screw signs on.

easily pound into ground with 10lb hammer!IMG_1937.thumb.png.b25ad011590fcb90243bbc8f80dbef47.png

We have a couple club members that work at Lakeside plastics that make construction cones and barrels among other products.  They are able to get these containers for our signs

20180324_090830.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, Doug said:

Neighboring club has a series of plastic barrels with covers that they place along fence lines and in woods along their trail and store their signs in them.  Be nice not to have to bring them in and take them back out to the trail or store them.

This is what I started doing a couple years ago.  Barrels placed out of the way and out of the wind.  Really sped up my process.  This is just another year of all that work and no enjoyment....  Oh but we got like 6 inches of snow that last couple days...  Fuck off mother nature you bi-polar bitch!!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3