Check your account email address ×

Trump New York fraud bond cut to $175 million in appeal from $454 million

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah...been out of the house a little over a month now. Moving is a real pain, I'll tell ya.  And trying to fit 2 houses of furniture and furnishings into 1 is not easy.  Filled up 2 dumpsters and on a 3rd at this point. Still getting setup.

So with that being said, being retired for 2 months now has not really hit me yet. Real busy.  It's definitely an adjustment and strange being able to make appointments etc. during the week, instead of just weekends. We are getting someone to install a split- system heat/AC unit and being able to tell them to show up whenever day is definitely convenient.:lmao:.  

It's just really kind of weird knowing that I'll never be setting foot again in that Brown Truck after 35 years....kinda bittersweet.  I keep thinking this "vacation" will be ending  soon.  All the days are blending into one and the weekends are meaningless.  I'm actually losing track of what day it is.:lol:

I do miss a lot of the people on the route and plan on paying some of them a visit....many have already texted me to see how I'm doing and don't like the new driver as much ...it's kind of nice to hear that, especially from the women that I've gotten to know over the years.:lmao:... and almost all of them have told me that their dogs miss me.  I used to give them treats all the time.

Well anyway, check back in 6 months I should have a better idea of what retirement life is all about.....and thanks for asking :bc:....... I think I'll be much happier once I get my big pole barn installed and my basement man cave setup.. I'm working on that now.   Everythings slowly coming into place....no rush

Enjoy, you earned it. :bc:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah...been out of the house a little over a month now. Moving is a real pain, I'll tell ya.  And trying to fit 2 houses of furniture and furnishings into 1 is not easy.  Filled up 2 dumpsters and on a 3rd at this point. Still getting setup.

So with that being said, being retired for 2 months now has not really hit me yet. Real busy.  It's definitely an adjustment and strange being able to make appointments etc. during the week, instead of just weekends. We are getting someone to install a split- system heat/AC unit and being able to tell them to show up whenever day is definitely convenient.:lmao:.  

It's just really kind of weird knowing that I'll never be setting foot again in that Brown Truck after 35 years....kinda bittersweet.  I keep thinking this "vacation" will be ending  soon.  All the days are blending into one and the weekends are meaningless.  I'm actually losing track of what day it is.:lol:

I do miss a lot of the people on the route and plan on paying some of them a visit....many have already texted me to see how I'm doing and don't like the new driver as much ...it's kind of nice to hear that, especially from the women that I've gotten to know over the years.:lmao:... and almost all of them have told me that their dogs miss me.  I used to give them treats all the time.

Well anyway, check back in 6 months I should have a better idea of what retirement life is all about.....and thanks for asking :bc:....... I think I'll be much happier once I get my big pole barn installed and my basement man cave setup.. I'm working on that now.   Everythings slowly coming into place....no rush

Congratulations on your retirement.  I'm at 2-1/2 years now and the saying that you don't know how you got everything done while you were working is true.

The best part is if your in the middle of a project you don't have the urgency that you have to get it done because you have to go to work tomorrow.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Doug said:

Congratulations on your retirement.  I'm at 2-1/2 years now and the saying that you don't know how you got everything done while you were working is true.

The best part is if your in the middle of a project you don't have the urgency that you have to get it done because you have to go to work tomorrow.  

Yeah that's what I'm finding out....I kept rushing at first to get things done on the weekend.  But now they are meaningless.... No rush on getting the projects done, tomorrows another day.:lmao:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

4 hours ago, Steve753 said:

:lmao:...that was pretty good....the funny thing is I used to drive a forklift at my prior job before UPS. It was actually a fun job and pretty fast paced removing pallets from line and loading 40 foot trailers or stacking to the ceiling in warehouse. Only one mishap of knocking entire row over once. I was pretty much fresh out of high school...I worked 3rd shift and would often be half in the bag when I arrived to work on Friday nights when out partying with friends. Driving the forklift on shrooms was a challenging but pleasant experience, I was in the zone..:lmao:

I found my old Forklift certification when I moved recently.:lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...