Check your account email address ×

Crime dropped significantly in “23 and it’s still dropping.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

On 3/12/2024 at 8:22 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

One thread wasn't enough.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Posted (edited)

And how exactly are crime statistics tracked?   By crimes reported?   By arrests?   By convictions?  With the legal system evolving the way it is and quite rapidly its easy to see how the numbers could vary.  Goes without saying how little people should trust what the FBI says. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And how exactly are crime statistics tracked?   By crimes reported?   By arrests?   By convictions?  With the legal system evolving the way it is and quite rapidly its easy to see how the numbers could vary.  Goes without saying how little people should trust what the FBI says. 

I posted twice to help fearful individuals such as yourself. Little did I know how invested you are in staying afraid. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I posted twice to help fearful individuals such as yourself. Little did I know how invested you are in staying afraid. 

Fearful...... :lmao:Dude I've posted numerous times how crime hasn't affected me in my small town.   You are the one who lives in a apocalypse van.  :lol:  

chris-farley-when-youre-livin-in-a-van-down-by-the-river.gif

• Haha 1

Presentation is everything on Madison Avenue...

Own the press.....

Don't look, see....

Make robbery, homicides, rape, organized crime all misdemeanors and the stats look better....

Kind of like the inflation indexes.... Take a lot of the volitile consumables off the list and magically the inflation index is friendlyier to Cola clauses

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Fearful...... :lmao:Dude I've posted numerous times how crime hasn't affected me in my small town.   You are the one who lives in a apocalypse van.  :lol:  

chris-farley-when-youre-livin-in-a-van-down-by-the-river.gif

Yet you’re the one bringing into question FBI statistics to satisfy your own reality. 

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The guys that’s afraid to visit Chicago says others are afraid….perfect.😂

I won’t go near that fucking city. Detroit either. There’s nothing there for me. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yet you’re the one bringing into question FBI statistics to satisfy your own reality. 

So you trust the FBI 100% on everything?  :lol:  That was only 1 small part of my questioning the data. 

:pc:

The FBI transitioned to a new data collection system called NIBRS in 2021. The national reporting rate includes local law enforcement agencies that reported their data through either NIBRS or the FBI's previous data collection system. In 2021, the FBI exclusively accepted crime data through NIBRS.

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So you trust the FBI 100% on everything?  :lol:  That was only 1 small part of my questioning the data. 

:pc:

The FBI transitioned to a new data collection system called NIBRS in 2021. The national reporting rate includes local law enforcement agencies that reported their data through either NIBRS or the FBI's previous data collection system. In 2021, the FBI exclusively accepted crime data through NIBRS.

Any statistical gathering system is only as good as those completing the forms. Law enforcement on the local level sometimes has an interest in juicing the crime statistics for additional funding. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Any statistical gathering system is only as good as those completing the forms. Law enforcement on the local level sometimes has an interest in juicing the crime statistics for additional funding. 

Sure they also have an interest in under reporting to show they are doing their jobs and that they won't lose them for poor performance. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sure they also have an interest in under reporting to show they are doing their jobs and that they won't lose them for poor performance. 

Prior to 2021, one quarter of all law enforcement across the country reported nothing to the FBI. In 2021 the new reporting system went into place which resulted in elevated crime statistics as these missing agencies got tabulated. The media grabbed that and ran with it. In turn scaring the weak minded. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Prior to 2021, one quarter of all law enforcement across the country reported nothing to the FBI. In 2021 the new reporting system went into place which resulted in elevated crime statistics as these missing agencies got tabulated. The media grabbed that and ran with it. In turn scaring the weak minded. 

In other words crime statistics are bullshit especially when trying to compare them to previous years.  According to the FBI the rate has always been somewhat consistent until 2021's new system. 

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2023/10/28/politicians-love-to-cite-crime-data-its-often-wrong/#:~:text=The FBI transitioned to a,accepted crime data through NIBRS.

fbi crime.JPG

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

In other words crime statistics are bullshit especially when trying to compare them to previous years.  According to the FBI the rate has always been somewhat consistent until 2021's new system. 

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2023/10/28/politicians-love-to-cite-crime-data-its-often-wrong/#:~:text=The FBI transitioned to a,accepted crime data through NIBRS.

fbi crime.JPG

A couple of factors came into play at the time of the dip and spike. The country shutdown and the fbi transitioned into a more robust reporting system.