Check your account email address ×

Cat 858 at dynotech

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I can see that but the reason isn’t gas mileage , it’s being able to hold the sleds clamped at 90+ for 50 miles straight and not burn them down. The current two strokes get better mileage than the equivalent hp 4s sleds 

I understand , I’ve had many of both. I just can’t believe there are than many Ace sleds rolling around there. I’ve never seen a 900 turbo on the trail here. Not one. 

Running high speeds the 4 stroke always gets better mileage

• Like 1

There’s a place for both. If you just do miles of straight lines with a lot of stuff at 80 mph then 4 strokes work good for that 

in the tight twisties a 2 stroke is clearly superior 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

any blown fuses?

If it doesn't blow at sea level is it really a blown fuse? Blown fuse has a very specific definition :lmao:

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Running high speeds the 4 stroke always gets better mileage

Nope , the 850 etecs get much better mileage than the cat turbos and skidoo 1200s and the apex still rolling in our group. The 850 patriot is just slightly less. I have no idea what kind of mileage a 900 turbo gets , maybe it’s good idk

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope , the 850 etecs get much better mileage than the cat turbos and skidoo 1200s and the apex still rolling in our group. The 850 patriot is just slightly less. I have no idea what kind of mileage a 900 turbo gets , maybe it’s good idk

In our group the winders are always the best 

They might not be riding as hard as the rest though 

Posted (edited)

858 makes great torque, they just have the rpm a couple hundred rpm short to really make that 170+

should be an easy engine to clutch though. Pretty broad 

9993D72E-658C-4D6B-B39A-C8E4AEF68129.jpeg

Edited by Rod

13 minutes ago, Rod said:

858 makes great torque, they just have the rpm a couple hundred rpm short to really make that 170+

should be an easy engine to clutch though. Pretty broad 

9993D72E-658C-4D6B-B39A-C8E4AEF68129.jpeg

Horsepower has a very specific definition and that means it makes power at 1 atmosphere:lol:

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Horsepower has a very specific definition and that means it makes power at 1 atmosphere:lol:

Means TQ X RPM /5252 tbh 

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Do you ever get anything right? You’re dumb as a fucking stump 

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Do you ever get anything right? You’re dumb as a fucking stump 

I don't make up retarded claims that I can't back up :lol:

Your made up ,incorrect, moronic turbo definition sealed the deal.  You failed the snowmobiler IQ test.

That's twice you got ragdolled on a turbo topic. Don't comeback for a third K :thumbsup:

How doo built their 850 boost trail sled. They make it sound like it’s revolutionary but they just built hot air system on a stock NA 850 engine and added meth….This is actually really rezzy old school stuff but they also didn’t have much choice either.

13 minutes ago, Rod said:

How doo built their 850 boost trail sled. They make it sound like it’s revolutionary but they just built hot air system on a stock NA 850 engine and added meth….This is actually really rezzy old school stuff but they also didn’t have much choice either.

And it works. When the boost signs off because of iat's the Doo keeps pulling.

39 minutes ago, HSR said:

I don't make up retarded claims that I can't back up :lol:

Your made up ,incorrect, moronic turbo definition sealed the deal.  You failed the snowmobiler IQ test.

That's twice you got ragdolled on a turbo topic. Don't comeback for a third K :thumbsup:

Hey dumb fuck , if a turbocharger has the wastegate wired open or the charge pipe removed is the motor turbo or na?

Jesus Christ you’re a stupid motherfucker. My definition of turbo charged is 100% correct 

The skidoo was not turbocharged , it was turbo normalized by every definition if the words

brain dead motherfucker 

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Yes, but he sells those to unsuspecting idiots 😁

and whines like a bitch about it for a decade... on two sites

what a faggot

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I got 19.5mpg on a slower ride and 18.5 the next day at a faster pace.

Trails were pretty hard, added 3g to arms, it's much better on fuel than my buds new winder.

Last trip on one leg he used 30L and I used 23L. 

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I got 19.5mpg on a slower ride and 18.5 the next day at a faster pace.

Trails were pretty hard, added 3g to arms, it's much better on fuel than my buds new winder.

Last trip on one leg he used 30L and I used 23L. 

That’s pretty good , what’s that like 15-16mpg in US not Imperial or something?