Check your account email address ×

New 858 Cat Clutch?

Other than some of the obvious calibration issues on the 600, has anyone experienced any durability issues with the ADAPT on STOCK sleds? It sure seems like Cat's clutching has been a revolving door over the last 10 years. My impressions of the ADAPT so far have been pretty positive.

From my limited miles on one I like them. Still on the fence about moving the towers in, wondering if this will cause issues with durability over the long haul? Cracked covers are mostly guys over torqueing the bolts. This season is a bust for anyone putting many miles on the cattle ass with them. Seen some positive posts from Boosted stuff on here and TY. Just seems the calibrations are off on Cats clutches for many years now. And the cracking of the movable on the Teams is very well known.  If they nail the 858 out of the crate? CAT might be back big time, as the Catalyst has the handling and fit and finish to gain market share

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm waiting to see what Thunder Products comes out with before passing judgement... :)

Who do you think pinpointed the problem, designed and prototyped the solution?

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 12:18 PM, Ziemann said:

Did I miss this being posted here already? 

Cat must ADAPT apparently.....

Look at the black marker swipe on the inner sheave!  :o looks like cat has work to do on the 858 clutching. Looks like the 600 catalyst with stock clutching. I’m totally shocked. I’ll give a pass on this as it’s possible they have not held this one WFO on a good stretch. At least they trying to improve durability with the adapt on the higher hp 858.  

guessing if this had the new production crank in it the belt would come up into full shift/ overdrive.   So they got that going for them!   

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Look at the black marker swipe on the inner sheave!  :o looks like cat has work to do on the 858 clutching. Looks like the 600 catalyst with stock clutching. I’m totally shocked. I’ll give a pass on this as it’s possible they have not held this one WFO on a good stretch. At least they trying to improve durability with the adapt on the higher hp 858.  

guessing if this had the new production crank in it the belt would come up into full shift/ overdrive.   So they got that going for them!   

Does anyone know for sure that the steel is only for 858? Not could just be for all 2025+.  Definitely good for an additional 6mph and when bought in the baker dozens bundle of a spider and magic belt for 12mph thunder will include a sticker with your order.

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Does anyone know for sure that the steel is only for 858? Not could just be for all 2025+.  Definitely good for an additional 6mph and when bought in the baker dozens bundle of a spider and magic belt for 12mph thunder will include a sticker with your order.

Thoughts on the shitty shift/ overdrive on the clutch face? Maybe they just never ran it WFO?

7 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thoughts on the shitty shift/ overdrive on the clutch face? Maybe they just never ran it WFO?

Looks sweet.  It's just like a dragstrip you lay down rubber for traction..

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Looks sweet.  It's just like a dragstrip you lay down rubber for traction..

True that.  I actually prefer some belt friction rubber over virgin clean clutches. Better grip.  But yea the clutch set up that can’t pull the belt up into overdrive is a recipe for a shitty performing sled that’s usually dead last across the lake in its class.