Check your account email address ×

Exhaust coming out where silencer meets the pipe

I have searched like crazy and can't figure out what to do. I don't really want to run out and buy a new silencer if I don't have to.

A week ago I cleaned my chain case and noticed a rattle in my silencer. This was loose and is now not in the silencer. The springs holding the silencer to muffler aren't under much tension, and there is definitely a gap around the pipe where it goes in. Where this gap is a ton of exhaust comes through, in particular at lower RPM's. This of course makes riding really painful as I chew exhaust. So bad that after a ride I left my pants/jacket in my truck and you can hardly sit in my truck. Definitely not healthy. It also seems louder than usual which I don't like.

Any ideas on what I can do?
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I have searched like crazy and can't figure out what to do. I don't really want to run out and buy a new silencer if I don't have to.

A week ago I cleaned my chain case and noticed a rattle in my silencer. This was loose and is now not in the silencer. The springs holding the silencer to muffler aren't under much tension, and there is definitely a gap around the pipe where it goes in. Where this gap is a ton of exhaust comes through, in particular at lower RPM's. This of course makes riding really painful as I chew exhaust. So bad that after a ride I left my pants/jacket in my truck and you can hardly sit in my truck. Definitely not healthy. It also seems louder than usual which I don't like.

Cut it open fix the problem, welding the loose part then weld the can back up.

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

Run it. Hope the fucker burns down.

Asshole 

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

That fully explains many of your moronic posts. That coupled with the washer fluid consumption. Wonder how much help you will get with all the friends you have made here:lol:

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And too dumb to figure out how free file servers work

:lol2::lmao::lolz:
How stupid were you to have to ask publicly how to seal your pipe/silencer connection? Even Jimwit would have been able to figure that out on his own. 

You are truly a fucking moron! :idiot::owned:

D019027A-5331-4878-BC12-415BF65EBA6E.png

9 minutes ago, MnDean said:

Creeper is back. Sad pathetic little man.

Looks like I need to do a search to see what stupid ass, ignorant shit you posted on HCS. :lol2:

• Haha 1