Check your account email address ×

Doos new big reveal for 2025

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not sure if that pic is real or not but it wouldn't surprise me if its true.

I've complained about the heavy steering on the Doo sleds for the last few years, even on my wife's 900 Ace. I bought a used Mach Z and I find the steering heavy compared to my Turbo Cat.

A couple google searches and I found MPS kits. Mechanical Power Steering. I guess they've been around for several years for the Yamaha sleds and now available for the Doo's the last few years. I bought a kit from a local guy but haven't installed it yet as I'm still fixing the Mach from the accident. Reviews say 40-50% less steering effort but you do give up some turning radius.

I also found a guy who makes a electric power steering kit for the Gen 4 chassis.

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've complained about the heavy steering on the Doo sleds for the last few years, even on my wife's 900 Ace. I bought a used Mach Z and I find the steering heavy compared to my Turbo Cat.

A couple google searches and I found MPS kits. Mechanical Power Steering. I guess they've been around for several years for the Yamaha sleds and now available for the Doo's the last few years. I bought a kit from a local guy but haven't installed it yet as I'm still fixing the Mach from the accident. Reviews say 40-50% less steering effort but you do give up some turning radius.

I also found a guy who makes a electric power steering kit for the Gen 4 chassis.

They work extremely well.  Only give up a bit of turning radius.   Not as great as EPS but a nice fix. 

Never put one on my old sidewinder as I didn't feel they were needed even with Doo pilot ski's running a shit ton of carbide. 

Edited by Highmark

47 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That’s one thing about the procross. Can steer so light yet have lots of bite 

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Snowtower on dootalk makes a kit for $125 USD. A lot less than the BOP kit 

I have it on my 24 Renegade XRS. Works excellent. Light steering and less feedback through bars 

IMG_20231219_155512_251.jpg

IMG_20231219_155530_319.jpg

IMG_20231219_155506_615.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Snowtower on dootalk makes a kit for $125 USD. A lot less than the BOP kit 

I have it on my 24 Renegade XRS. Works excellent. Light steering and less feedback through bars 

IMG_20231219_155512_251.jpg

IMG_20231219_155530_319.jpg

IMG_20231219_155506_615.jpg

I bought the kit from Nate on Dootalk. $180 shipped to my door.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gravy davey said:

My 2024 doo 2 stroke doesn’t have that issue 

I can see that on that super tanker tho.  

There are lots of people who have no problem with steering effort on the Doo’s, 2 or 4 stroke.

Personally, I found the steering heavy on my son’s ‘09 600 Etech.