Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

She's a very nice young woman.

They're all nice, until you cross them!

Personally I would never use a router from an Internet provider.  None of them work great as combos.  Any other router will just plug into that modem.  I would bet that one has a pass through as well to allow that, but being one supplied from a service I am not sure how much info on it will be available on the web 

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Personally I would never use a router from an Internet provider.  None of them work great as combos.  Any other router will just plug into that modem.  I would bet that one has a pass through as well to allow that, but being one supplied from a service I am not sure how much info on it will be available on the web 

What would I look at on the Modem/Router?

This is what both are:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07954WDPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Poor choice of gear for working in the kitchen though...  :lol: 

She's the bar tender, only in the kitchen cause the Bar owner was ill that day.

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

She's the bar tender, only in the kitchen cause the Bar owner was ill that day.

The obvious eludes the mentally challenged. 

Here's a pic of the back of the Modem/Router if you can read it.

The green says 1-2 DSL, the yellows all say Ethernet, the white says Lan/ Wan, blue vertical slot says USB, small hole is reset, larger hole is Power.

DSC00229.JPG

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I'm just to cheap to pay the rental so I buy my own :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm just to cheap to pay the rental so I buy my own :lol:

Here they don't charge us any rentals, they simply gave the Modem/Router to us at no charge, AND probably will do it again if anythings wrong with this one as we have insurance from them for all phone/internet issues, they have been here at least 7 times thru the years and we never got a bill for their service calls or replacement items.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Here they don't charge us any rentals, they simply gave the Modem/Router to us at no charge, AND probably will do it again if anythings wrong with this one as we have insurance from them for all phone/internet issues, they have been here at least 7 times thru the years and we never got a bill for their service calls or replacement items.

I think Xfinity wanted $15 a month for their wireless modem.  I've already saved hundreds of dollars :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Did you power everything off and restart it all?  IP conflict issues solve themselves that way and is the first step.

Agreed. I used to have issues with my old Stardot netcam quite often. Rebooting the router usually took care of it.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Did you power everything off and restart it all?  IP conflict issues solve themselves that way and is the first step.

I did, look at my post from 7:36 yesterday, the explanations of the issues are there, that's the issue(s) I'm having..my other WiFi items are working, outdoor security cameras, indoor/outdoor Kasa plugins and lights all use WiFi and work.

16 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I did, look at my post from 7:36 yesterday, the explanations of the issues are there, that's the issue(s) I'm having..my other WiFi items are working, outdoor security cameras, indoor/outdoor Kasa plugins and lights all use WiFi and work.

Sounds like you need a new wifi guy.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

The obvious eludes the mentally challenged. 

Like when you tried to fix a obvious spelling error and totally failed ? :lol:

Mental stunted Stheve . You are so dumb. No help just stfu. 

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Once rebooted remove the device that isn't working and reconnect it.  A master reset on that device would be the step after.

This is the one I'm trying to connect WiFi to, I have tried many times and at least 25 hours with zero luck which led me to believ the Modem/Router was not working properly so I bought another M/R which I haven't tried to install yet..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9TX5YJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Gold Member
Just now, Deephaven said:

Don't know about most people on here but 99% of my posts on here are from a mobile device.  Bothering to correct is silly.

Which is fine. I fuck up also.

But when idiot Stheve tried to sound smart buy correcting the person and totally was wrong I have to laugh . Hard.