Check your account email address ×

Kimdotcom

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why isn't it?   If we are not the worlds police it is.   Other large countries spend even less.  Much much less than we spend now would work fine protecting the homeland.  Why should 1% of GDP be enough for Canada but not enough for the US?

If the world wants us to be the police then the world can pay for it.  

Calling us the "worlds police" implies that what we do has some dignified purpose ....please stop saying that. "Worlds terrorist" would be far more accurate

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Calling us the "worlds police" implies that what we do has some dignified purpose ....please stop saying that. "Worlds terrorist" would be far more accurate

I disagree.   IMHO we are not on the same level as terrorists.   We do some things with good intentions in mind.   

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I disagree.   IMHO we are not on the same level as terrorists.   We do some things with good intentions in mind.   

Good intentions do not negate all the pain and suffering we cause .....terrorists are well intended in their own mind as well

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why isn't it?   If we are not the worlds police it is.   Other large countries spend even less.  Much much less than we spend now would work fine protecting the homeland.  Why should 1% of GDP be enough for Canada but not enough for the US?

If the world wants us to be the police then the world can pay for it.  

1% wouldn't meet your NATO obligation, Trump just blasted NATO about this today :)

In front of the new $1Billion NATO headquarters :flush:

Edited by Momorider

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Good intentions do not negate all the pain and suffering we cause .....terrorists are well intended in their own mind as well

Agree to disagree on this one.   Not that we haven't done bad things in an attempt to do what's right but I don't put our military operations on that level. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Agree to disagree on this one.   Not that we haven't done bad things in an attempt to do what's right but I don't put our military operations on that level. 

we have done plenty of bad things in an attempt to not do whats right as well ....."right" is a matter of perspective 

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

1% wouldn't meet your NATO obligation, Trump just blasted NATO about this today :)

In front of the new $1Billion NATO headquarters :flush:

I thought it was 2%.   We shouldn't spend any more than other NATO countries.   NATO owes the US money big time. 

Just now, f7ben said:

we have done plenty of bad things in an attempt to not do whats right as well ....."right" is a matter of perspective 

Like?

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Depose democratically elected governments .......fight proxy wars via indigenous populations etc etc 

Where?

Proxy wars I get but again its not like there was no benefit to the population.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Where?

That's not up to us to decide. :dunno: Is there any wonder that iran hates us?

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Where?

Iran?????? And what benefit to Afghanistan was there leaving the Taliban to terrorize them for 3 decades 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Iran?????? And what benefit to Afghanistan was there leaving the Taliban to terrorize them for 3 decades 

Iran was heading towards revolution no matter what we did.  Yes we fucked up there to some extent and I will give you that one.

I agree we should have done more in Afghanistan after helping them give the boot to the former Soviet Union but at least they had a chance to decide on their own.  Reality is with many Muslim countries they are willing accept inside authoritarian rules.   Afghanistan is also unlike many other countries with vast area's of tribal area's that may never become civilized.  I really don't think our intentions where bad for the general population either time in Afghanistan.  Same goes for Iraq.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Iran was heading towards revolution no matter what we did.  Yes we fucked up there to some extent and I will give you that one.

I agree we should have done more in Afghanistan after helping them give the boot to the former Soviet Union but at least they had a chance to decide on their own.  Reality is with many Muslim countries they are willing accept inside authoritarian rules.   Afghanistan is also unlike many other countries with vast area's of tribal area's that may never become civilized.  I really don't think our intentions where bad for the general population either time in Afghanistan.  Same goes for Iraq.  

Again , intent and result is two very different things. If someone intends to save a little girl from drowning but accidentally ends up having sex with her in the pool that still makes them a fucking pedophile and a rapist..........that is about the extent of what our good intentions look like from the outside 

Just now, f7ben said:

Again , intent and result is two very different things. If someone intends to save a little girl from drowning but accidentally ends up having sex with her in the pool that still makes them a fucking pedophile and a rapist..........that is about the extent of what our good intentions look like from the outside 

I disagree.  :bc:  BTW that is really a fucked up analogy dude.  :lmao: