Check your account email address ×

'Spending like drunken sailors'... Boomers

Billionaire Stanley Druckenmiller says US seniors need to 'take a cut' in Social Security — when it isn't enough for many boomers at present. Is he right?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/spending-drunken-sailors-billionaire-stanley-123000736.html

Be sure to read the comments...

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Want to see one of the main problems with America? Billionaire telling the low and middle class to tighten their belt because they take home too much money. Fucking outstanding. 

did you read the comments?  ;)

relax boomer, they're going to fuck my generation and everyone behind it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well then maybe your generation should stand up and scream about people with ADD who are 100% functional getting signed up for ssi when they are 15 and co0llecting for 70 yrs. A dude pulling down $1500 a month for 6 yrs isnt what is killing SS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well then maybe your generation should stand up and scream about people with ADD who are 100% functional getting signed up for ssi when they are 15 and co0llecting for 70 yrs. A dude pulling down $1500 a month for 6 yrs isnt what is killing SS.

no one is listening... and most of my generation or younger doesn't seem to know about the financial black hole SSI is closing in on, or they don't care.  

this could have been fixed long ago... but they did nothing.

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no one is listening... and most of my generation or younger doesn't seem to know about the financial black hole SSI is closing in on, or they don't care.  

The federal budget is also closing in a financial black hole.  None of us voted for this.  Money infesting the political process is what caused this.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The federal budget is also closing in a financial black hole.  None of us voted for this.  Money infesting the political process is what caused this.

strange how all the boomers which were in charge of fixing stuff that's been broken for a considerable amount of time are retiring from the House and Senate... but not Chuck, Nancy, Mitch, etc.   Hell, Diane Feinstein is probably still voting from the grave. 

it pisses me off that at some point the daft and poorly prepared are going to be all... 'what do you mean I'm only going to be getting 77% of what the program I've paid into promised me I would?' 

we've a financial reckoning coming... maybe I'll just stay in the Bahamas.   :lol:

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

strange how all the boomers which were in charge of fixing stuff that's been broken for a considerable amount of time are retiring from the House and Senate... but not Chuck, Nancy, Mitch, etc.   Hell, Diane Feinstein is probably still voting from the grave. 

it pisses me off that at some point the daft and poorly prepared are going to be all... 'what do you mean I'm only going to be getting 77% of what the program I've paid into promised me I would?' 

we've a financial reckoning coming... maybe I'll just stay in the Bahamas.   :lol:

We've been hearing these same warnings for 40 years at least.  Its hard to have an honest conversation with you and all the "boomer" bullshit.....its the money and special interests that are preventing real reforms in scaling down the size and cost of government, including entitlements.  And those senators you mentioned are older than boomers.  BTW, your generation is just as guilty.  Who are the reformers in your generation down on capital hill making a difference demanding smaller government?

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Good lord relax, you scare real easy. Were you scared of the boogeyman as a child?  SS has been a political scare card forever, don't be gullible and get sucked in by the BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

That's impossible.  Someone told me on here a while ago that no one gets a check in the mail for doing nothing.

And then I think they told me to kill myself.....