Check your account email address ×

What’s your EDC.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't carry that often now but when I do its Kimber 1911 compact .45 ACP.  Its always in my truck when not carrying.  

• Like 3

Just now, Highmark said:

Don't carry that often now but when I do its Kimber 1911 compact .45 ACP.  Its always in my truck when not carrying.  

Nice gun, I almost bought one at bass pro shops during a black friday week sale a few yrs back . Waited in line for 3 hrs , For some reason bass pro handguns go thru FBI database where as all other gun shops in nh BC goes thru state police. FBI always delays me , so I never went back to get it. I dont like the electronic BC that bass pro uses.

Reality is even if I was carrying it would be unlikely for me to draw my weapon unless shots were already fired or I felt someone close to me was in threat of being seriously injured or killed.   Simply not worth the risk of jail or lawsuits in most public scenarios.  Most training today does exactly that.     

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I never carry a firearm unless I’m hiking, camping, or fishing in grizzly country. Then it’s a 10mm with hard points. 

Well when your house where they are stored moves arent you basically carrying them or at minimum transporting while driving....? 

Smith &wesson shield 2.0 9mm. I like it. Small and flat. Comfortable to carry. Soft Sticky holster is perfect.extra mag. Spends most of its time in the truck.I carry a knife also. It’s a tool. I’m a gerber level guy but have recently picked up some nicer blades. I love CRKT. I just got a benchmade with a tanto blade. I use beater knives at work. 

IMG_9334.jpeg

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Smith &wesson shield 2.0 9mm. I like it. Small and flat. Comfortable to carry. Soft Sticky holster is perfect.extra mag. Spends most of its time in the truck.I carry a knife also. It’s a tool. I’m a gerber level guy but have recently picked up some nicer blades. I love CRKT. I just got a benchmade with a tanto blade. I use beater knives at work. 

IMG_9334.jpeg

my knives are spiderco , kershaw, and some awesome puma stuff

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

my knives are spiderco , kershaw, and some awesome puma stuff

I recently got a kershaw launch 13 with sheephoof blade. I really like it. It’s got the fastest release of any knife I’ve encountered. You’ve gotta have a good grip on it it will fly out of your hand lol https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/launch-13.html

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I love CRKT. I just got a benchmade with a tanto blade. I use beater knives at work. 

Same . Ive had this CRKT going on 10 years I carry. Dropped it the other day and broke the lever but other than that its held up. 

C0DD3488-B7C6-4AE2-9B57-79535EFC7740.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I never carry a firearm unless I’m hiking, camping, or fishing in grizzly country. Then it’s a 10mm with hard points. 

When I lived in Wyoming  and fished the national parks I carried my .357 revolver w/ 158g hollow points. I was probably under gunned 

29 minutes ago, Shifty said:

When I lived in Wyoming  and fished the national parks I carried my .357 revolver w/ 158g hollow points. I was probably under gunned 

Hollow points aren’t very good for bears. Hard point p+ rounds are better for deeper penetration. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Hollow points aren’t very good for bears. Hard point p+ rounds are better for bear

I shot a wounded black bear with a 357 180gr hard cast bullet and it didn't even go through the fat on the back of it's neck. Ended up shooting it behind the ear, that worked but i don't carry that for backup anymore. I'd say it's the absolute minimum to carry for bear protection put west, if nothing else you could put yourself out of misery as the bear is eating you lol

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Well when your house where they are stored moves arent you basically carrying them or at minimum transporting while driving....? 

I was referring to on my person. My CC is from Wisconsin. So if I’m in a state that doesn’t honor it I put it in the case unloaded w/trigger lock and stored in the rear door drawer. Minnesota is the usual fly in the ointment as far as Wisconsin CC. Otherwise it rides with me between the two front seats. If I’m sleeping it’s right next to the bed. I also carry a bennelli 1301 for Canadian travels. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I shot a wounded black bear with a 357 180gr hard cast bullet and it didn't even go through the fat on the back of its neck. Ended up shooting it behind the ear, that worked but i don't carry that for backup anymore. I'd say it's the absolute minimum to carry for bear protection put west, if nothing else you could put yourself out of misery as the bear is eating you lol

Couple years ago there was an Alaskan guide that took down a big brown with a 9mm. He was using either underwood or buffalo bore 150g ammo. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Couple years ago there was an Alaskan guide that took down a big brown with a 9mm. He was using either underwood or buffalo bore 150g ammo. 

Yeah they're definitely making better dangerous game ammo today. I'd still prefer the 10mm if i was in grizz country though. 

Im one thats carried a knife daily since i was in the single digit age group, like a good scout..               my current pocket, blade..  nothing fancy but effective for what i do over a regular knife. 

IMG_7382.jpg