Check your account email address ×

Minocqua Brewing Company

Bontz

It's not really my neck of the woods, other than maybe one trip a year to my buddy's cabin in Manitowish Waters, but this guy who owned Minocqua Brewing Company sure seems to have quite the following.  I'll be the first to admit, I don't really know the whole story other than I think he's extremely anti-snowmobiler and a pretty hard left leaning individual (not real popular in that area).  This article was on the Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook page and gave me a bit of a chuckle ... having to cough up $750K in a defamation suit?  Ouch!!

https://www.wjfw.com/news/mincoqua-brewing-company-ordered-to-pay-lakeland-times-700-000/article_2341c56e-76a1-11ee-9dda-d76fe9e9c5aa.html?fbclid=IwAR0jXyfBDO0qeCMmUqUw8QGl3T_cs6unipZeyO-CyxWqPOAt8X7ch8sG_nE&mibextid=adzO7l

The guys a very liberal nut case.  One of his post last year was applauding one of last year snowmobile deaths.  Sounds like he's been a thorn in Minocqua's side for a while.

Below is another one of his post on Minocqua Brewing company facebook page

March 8, 2022  · 

Alrighty friends,
There’s probably one more good snowmobiling trip left this season before the snow gets rough, and we’re already annoyed by all the kvetching about gas prices.
Listen, if you’re gonna regurgitate Fox News and falsely blame your president for making gas prices high, you might as well do it with a little flair!
We suggest listening to Mozart. Copy the way he composed variations on a theme instead of incessantly playing the same worn-out melody over and over again.
But really folks, being the good corporate citizens we are, we’ve created a little list of ways to save money on gas this weekend when chasing the snow #upnorth. Here is is:
--Stop snowmobiling altogether and go cross country skiing at Minocqua Winter Park. After your ride you’ll have earned that satisfying #progressivebeer instead of sloshing around from bar to bar on a gas-powered sled and then wrapping yourself around a tree on the way home.
--Once you’ve given up motorsports, you won’t need a gas-guzzling truck to haul your machines around anymore. Get yourself an electric all-wheel drive Subaru to carry your skis around.
--If you insist on the gas-guzzling truck, take that enormous Trump flag down. The wind resistance kills your gas mileage--not to mention it shows the world that you’ve got “low mileage” in other “performance” categories as well.
--This summer, skip the rage-filled Trump flotilla with your gas-guzzling and shore-destroying wake-surf boat and try paddle boarding instead. The added exercise will probably help you manage the anger and the impotence.
--After you’ve saved all that money on gas, treat yourself to a relatively inexpensive can of #kamalastout. At 8.7% ABV, one can of this stuff will get you almost as buzzed as 3 cans of Bud Light.

he's been ruffling feathers up there for quite some time... this shockingly didn't work out for him either.  https://www.bangstadforwisconsin.com/

frankly I don't care if you're snowshoeing, snowmobiling, XC skiing, playing hockey or figure skating in the winter... what party your support or whatevs... but keep your politics and your business interests separate.  

google the guys name, and you can see he's made his own bed.