Check your account email address ×

There is Still Hope for America

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I heard Ben was there. 

Ben's a huge Taylor Swift fan, says she's a huge talent so he was probably too tired from screaming at Taylor's concert to make it to Metallica :dunno:

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Curious how you picked Sundown.  Jacob is a friend of mine and with internet branded things I always wonder how people find them and make that as a choice.

No shit thats cool. 
Just from research online, Ive blown so many Subs past few years its ridiculous. Tried a bunch of brands All junk. I use to love JL Audio but they are big bucks for the good stuff now. Their lower to mid range stuff is crap too.  

Sundown is reasonable as hell. The quality reminds me of the old days . ive been slamming those for over a year now and they hardly feel broken in. And they are just their entry level subs . 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Curious how you picked Sundown.  Jacob is a friend of mine and with internet branded things I always wonder how people find them and make that as a choice.

Where’s that big red breasted bird when you need it. :lol: Both boats too!?

39 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

No shit thats cool. 
Just from research online, Ive blown so many Subs past few years its ridiculous. Tried a bunch of brands All junk. I use to love JL Audio but they are big bucks for the good stuff now. Their lower to mid range stuff is crap too.  

Sundown is reasonable as hell. The quality reminds me of the old days . ive been slamming those for over a year now and they hardly feel broken in. And they are just their entry level subs . 

I’d have no reservations about running Sundown - I’ve heard great things, even their 8’s are well regarded.  I’ve been running a single sealed Image Dynamics IDMAX10 for the past 10 years with a JL HD750/1 and it’s held up.  I daily drive a 2003 but I still like it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

No shit thats cool. 

Yes, he sold it although he still works there.  When he was starting out I consulted with him on a bunch of the designs he was working on.  The value comes from buying "stock" parts from chinese manufacturers and assembling them logically.  Tons of companies out there that play the same game, but most have super shitty products (for example Skar) as they don't understand the engineering behind how speakers work.  Jacob was a sponge and wanted to learn was fun to help.  There are other internet brands that are pretty great as well.  SSA for instance.  Almost all of their stuff is killer for what it is.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

I’d have no reservations about running Sundown - I’ve heard great things, even their 8’s are well regarded.  I’ve been running a single sealed Image Dynamics IDMAX10 for the past 10 years with a JL HD750/1 and it’s held up.  I daily drive a 2003 but I still like it.  

Keep the ID.  Eric always made great designs.  He was the first of the internet savvy actual audio engineers.  

...the hype on the 8's is hype btw.  Sure they can zing in the right enclosure but something with more cone area will even do better.  If you want to play with an 8 I have a SoundSplinter sitting on my filing cabinet which was the 8 that Jacob basically mimic'd in his design.  Your welcome to play with it if you like.  Currently it isn't in an enclosure as I sold the custom box I built for it years ago.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Since you asked, I sold the Sundancer otherwise it would have been all 3.

I was kidding, I thought that was what standard practice was in this place: busting peoples balls when they mention something that they own.    Noticed that I didn’t accuse you of being insecure, I don’t play that game.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Just when done completely out of context.

As for the kidding, that's just you backpedaling as usual.

Not really, I just think it’s pretty clear you’re the one who’s insecure here. God forbid if I post a picture or talk about my boat, because either you or the HSR clown or jumped on my shit about it but you have three boats who is cooler than you?   Most of us are happy about what other people have, I surely am whether it’s a vacation home new car, truck, whatever.  Not with you to clowns. As I’ve mentioned previously, you come off as kind of angry and bitter.  Arriva Derch!  Going down to spend a couple days on my…..

:groin:

:lol: 

C79DB82D-47DE-48F7-9FBA-26A7021B1E10.thumb.jpeg.e0f4200285c00413cb491daec635d4bb.jpeg