Check your account email address ×

UAW members approve possible strikes at GM, Ford and Stellantis

• Platinum Contributing Member

Members of the United Auto Workers union overwhelmingly approved possible strikes at the nation’s three unionized automakers next month, as the union tries to win back many of the concessions it lost more than 15 years ago and protect members during the transition to electric vehicles in the years ahead.

The union said 97% of those participating in the strike authorization voted in favor of possible strikes at General Motors, Ford and Stellantis, the company that sells vehicles under the Ram, Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler names. There are 145,000 UAW members at the three companies.

“Our union’s membership is clearly fed up with living paycheck to paycheck while the corporate elite and billionaire class continue to make out like bandits,” said UAW President Shawn Fain.

only ones who suffer are us at dealer level and the customers. they never recovered from the 2019 , then the pandemic. 46% raise, 32 hour work week, etc. i have to say the level of service i have been getting from them would not be qualified for a raise. just my opinion

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

only ones who suffer are us at dealer level and the customers. they never recovered from the 2019 , then the pandemic. 46% raise, 32 hour work week, etc. i have to say the level of service i have been getting from them would not be qualified for a raise. just my opinion

And the tier 1's, 2's etc down to the mom and pop shops trying to make something tied into the auto industry etc. All get fucked while fat bob who drives a screw for 25/hr a day wants a huge raise, less time working and a better retirement

Just now, Skidooski said:

And the tier 1's, 2's etc down to the mom and pop shops trying to make something tied into the auto industry etc. All get fucked while fat bob who drives a screw for 25/hr a day wants a huge raise, less time working and a better retirement

the parts supply is weak at best. throw another strike in there and it will be horrible. mary barra made 29 million last year. i can't see any human being worth that money

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

the parts supply is weak at best. throw another strike in there and it will be horrible. mary barra made 29 million last year. i can't see any human being worth that money

She’s not so maybe she can donate her salary to keep the factory workers from walking off again 

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

Right.  Still haven’t recovered from Covid parts shortage. We are going to be fucked now. 🙄

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

Insurance companies at least State Farm I’ve heard has started offering rental coverage policies longer than the normal 30days now. I’d only assume because of so many parts delays and customers being pissed they gotta pay outta pocket after 30days.