Check your account email address ×

Drought conditions in Canada.

12 hours ago, toslow said:

No drought here, been raining in Alberta for the last week,

Dont believe everything you read 

That part of the province has always been dry 

12 hours ago, ACE said:

I’ve been watching rainfall here for over 20 years 

Worst year for forest fires on record with the largest amount of forests burned ever and you guys think you're being witty? Epic fail.

Just now, HSR said:

Worst year for forest fires on record with the largest amount of forests burned ever and you guys think you're being witty? Epic fail.

It’s not the worst year on record 

tell me using your own words, what has changed in one year to go from almost no fires to lots of fires?

Is .000000000000000001* of warming causing it? 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I guess they didn't check with the Canadian Covid and Climate Commission first before posting this.

Canadian wildfire officials said Friday that the 2023 wildfire season is easily the worst ever recorded, with millions of hectares already burned — and they're expecting "higher-than-normal'' activity to continue throughout the late summer and fall.

Canada his some fires but global fires are still down this year 

so gobbling up this media narrative that we’re all going to die actually makes you a bad person,  not just a stupid one 

Just now, HSR said:

I guess they didn't check with the Canadian Covid and Climate Commission first before posting this.

Canadian wildfire officials said Friday that the 2023 wildfire season is easily the worst ever recorded, with millions of hectares already burned — and they're expecting "higher-than-normal'' activity to continue throughout the late summer and fall.

And how long do the “records” go back 

oooops 

also asked you to use your words to describe what’s causing fires this year over last year 

you literally can’t 

Just now, spin_dry said:

:lol: another obscure drawing from a 10 year old. 

call it what you will. Just proving that you’re mid IQ at best and are desperate for a virtue signal 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

:lol::backpeddle:

What’s a back pedal lol my statement was literally correct 

Every area will have forests that grow, mature, and can be prone to burn in a dry year 

your position is that forests should never mature and be prone to burning and rainfall should be an absolute constant year after year into oblivion. Makes sense hey!

1325C408-828B-405A-924A-C42D21270862.png

33 minutes ago, ACE said:

tell me using your own words, what has changed in one year to go from almost no fires to lots of fires?

Is .000000000000000001* of warming causing it? 

So dumb. Why are we having record fires when our firefighting ability is the best it’s ever been?  Do you agree with the conspiracy nuts that they are arson?

I'll text Yellowknife and Kelowna and tell them people to settle the fuck down.

Question for you US guys in the NE part of the country. Do Canadian wildfires commonly blanket you guys in wildfire smoke causing poor air quality or is this year a rare thing?

Poor Ace is going full Bill Nye arguing anything but the thread topic :lmao:

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

So dumb. Why are we having record fires when our firefighting ability is the best it’s ever been?  Do you agree with the conspiracy nuts that they are arson?

What I’m saying is I’m not stupid enough to think that mature forests simply can’t burn on a drought year and that rainfall needs to be 100% consistent every year even though it’s literally never been that way 

also not stupid enough to not understand that even though there’s some fires and always will be, the trend is still exponentially down 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Question for you US guys in the NE part of the country. Do Canadian wildfires commonly blanket you guys in wildfire smoke causing poor air quality or is this year a rare thing?

Yeah you text them you over emotional retard :lol: 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Only when they're set by arsonists.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

What I’m saying is I’m not stupid enough to think that mature forests simply can’t burn on a drought year and that rainfall needs to be 100% consistent every year even though it’s literally never been that way 

also not stupid enough to not understand that even though there’s some fires and always will be, the trend is still exponentially down 

:backpeddle: twice in one thread. Brilliant!!!!!! 

Trend is down on a record year :lol:

The Trudeau loving left 

“forests should continue to grow and never mature and get dry. Rainfall is supposed to be a constant year after year even though it never has been. And if you disagree then you’re literally insane, pal”