Check your account email address ×

dear Connecticut, your pizza is nothing special...

• Gold Member

Lake Compounce aint too bad .

Six Flags is closer to me so we always take the kids there we got season passes. Six Flags still has one old Wooden Coaster from the Riverside Days.

"You’re not going to believe this, but the massive wooden roller coaster you’re about to ride was built in 1941. And you’re about to see why sometimes the classics stick around for a reason. You’ll be darting around like countless coaster fans before you on this classic, tall wooden structure.

At 70 feet tall and zooming over the tracks at 40 miles per hour, this whooshy race over the rails is family friendly, even making for a great transition for younger riders who are in training for the mega-coasters.

Up you go, to the top of a seven story lift, and then it’s off for a great serving of what classic wooden roller coasters do best. You’ll buzz over a non-stop series of straight-ahead hills and dazzling drops. The figure-8 layout serves up its thrills simple and to the point, as you discover the history of these magical rides you’ve come to love, one hill at a time. And you won’t be alone in this discovery — Thunderbolt was declared an actual landmark by the esteemed American Coaster Enthusiasts."

• Like 1

Compounce was cool, not overly crowded and my daughter is a coaster junkie.  Her and my youngest nephew rode every one there at least twice.  We did all share a pizza at the park... it was nothing special.  :)

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Compounce was cool, not overly crowded and my daughter is a coaster junkie.  Her and my youngest nephew rode every one there at least twice.  We did all share a pizza at the park... it was nothing special.  :)

So you are judging CT pizza by what you got at an amusement park?  Do you see why many could doubt your ability to reason? 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

So you are judging CT pizza by what you got at an amusement park?  Do you see why many could doubt your ability to reason? 

:lol:  I wonder if he knows you live right up the road from Compounce and Im only about 20 mins away.   Plus there are only about 1500 pizza joints within a 20 mile radius.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol:  I wonder if he knows you live right up the road from Compounce and Im only about 20 mins away.   Plus there are only about 1500 pizza joints within a 20 mile radius.

I don't think he has ever been accused of being the brightest bulb in the sign.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

yes, I was being totally serious and judge every pie in a state by what's served at an amusement park.  ;)

• USA Contributing Member
On 8/12/2023 at 8:42 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

but Lake Compounce was fun with our kids when they were younger.  

:lol: was just reminiscing about this place with our daughter and had forgotten it was in CT 

Back in the late 90's a local radio station did a promo where if you were one of the first 100 to show up at Compounce you would get in for free.  Called in sick and took the wife and kid and got there probably at 7:00 am.  They opened early and had 2 rides running, Bolderdash was one of them.  I rode this think probably 20 times in a row.

Park has grown big, they used to have a big field that they did concerts on.