Check your account email address ×

I am amazed

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I had the largest account to come out of our center, well over $1,000,000 a year. They were very explicit on what they wanted and I made it a point to be there as long as needed. Typically I would get there by 3:45 and stay till they released me.... 5 or 6 if necessary. They loved it because they felt they were getting special treatment; no one else got that treatment. We would do what we could for others, make another pick up later, but I was their 'dedicated' driver. No one said a word about me sitting for over an hour.... it was for the shipper, and we fought to get every box from FedEx. And got them.

Great bunch of people and it made the wait a pleasure.

No one else could do it when I was gone... they were too busy still delivering. Show up at 4:45, pick up then leave, then come back if necessary.

God, I had it good... :lol:

We had it good on both ends. A machine shop in the next town over needed their parts in the morning and didn't want to wait for the truck to get to their neighborhood. UPS arranged for their packages and ours to go on the North Conway truck and dropped them off at around 10am everyday. The machine shop sent a van over to pickup their packages. UPS always seemed very accommodating.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

We had it good on both ends. A machine shop in the next town over needed their parts in the morning and didn't want to wait for the truck to get to their neighborhood. UPS arranged for their packages and ours to go on the North Conway truck and dropped them off at around 10am everyday. The machine shop sent a van over to pickup their packages. UPS always seemed very accommodating.

We had people at the shop every morning... same people who couldn't wait. Just held them and they got it

Had people who did what you mention... the hospital being one.

It's just a smart way to do business...

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Rumor has it the contract at UPS settled....full timers getting a 2.75/hr bump in pay. Effective Aug. 1st.

Supposedly one of the best contracts ever..... It's a good thing Hoffa and Co. are gone. They were sellouts. 

12 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Rumor has it the contract at UPS settled....full timers getting a 2.75/hr bump in pay. Effective Aug. 1st.

Supposedly one of the best contracts ever..... It's a good thing Hoffa and Co. are gone. They were sellouts. 

I read an article about it yesterday. It also said something about AC in new trucks starting at a specific time. 

Just now, ckf said:

I read an article about it yesterday. It also said something about AC in new trucks starting at a specific time. 

I couldn't imagine having to listen to covid conspiracies all day in the truck :lol: