Check your account email address ×

As Ron DeSantis Barnstorms New Hampshire, Thousands Of Floridians Lose Health Insurance

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Snake said:

$20 billion for illegals

Honestly with the cost added to everyone else I'd bet its 10x's that.  Just talk to anyone who works in an ER.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Honestly with the cost added to everyone else I'd bet its 10x's that.  Just talk to anyone who works in an ER.  

10x that? Based on anecdotal evidence from ER workers you’ve talked to. :lol: 

33 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

30+ million illegals...sorry undocumented immigrants here.   3+ million coming in every year.   If you look at HC costs per US citizen at around $13K per person $200 billion/30 million is only $6600 per person.   You are a fool if you think its not costing us far more than $20 billion.  My mom has been to the ER probably 10x's in the past 5 years.  It doesn't take a fake dr to see how its used.  :lol:   Keep believing what you are told.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

30+ million illegals...sorry undocumented immigrants here.   3+ million coming in every year.   If you look at HC costs per US citizen at around $13K per person $200 billion/30 million is only $6600 per person.   You are a fool if you think its not costing us far more than $20 billion.  My mom has been to the ER probably 10x's in the past 5 years.  It doesn't take a fake dr to see how its used.  :lol:   Keep believing what you are told.  :lmao:

You keep believing the statistics coming from an institution that charges $10 for an aspirin. :lol: 

43 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You keep believing the statistics coming from an institution that charges $10 for an aspirin. :lol: 

Says the guy who was part of the problem....

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

Says the guy who was part of the problem....

After 10 years of working in a private, non-profit hospital, I can say that the administrative greed knows no bounds. They will bend a twist statistics to squeeze the government for every penny that they don’t deserve. That also have zero difficulty ruining a family’s finances. Never had to deal with any of that in public health. 

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah they suck too.  Pierced my hand with a rusty nail a few years ago, walk in there for a tetanus shot.  2 hours later and 550 bucks out of pocket.  For a fucking tetanus shot.

For the job you claim to have you think you'd have better insurance.  Although much like the halfwit Viper you missed the mark of the thread.  The cost is not only to the person being treated but the price paid for the treatment.  This is where we fail miserably.

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Thanks...you just made my point. :bc:

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

For the job you claim to have you think you'd have better insurance.  Although much like the halfwit Viper you missed the mark of the thread.  The cost is not only to the person being treated but the price paid for the treatment.  This is where we fail miserably.

For the job I claim to have?    For the job you claim to have you're just not very bright.   :lol: I'm on my wife's plan because its cheaper for us, wgaf.  This seems to be the only tool in your little gender confused quiver, to regularly accuse people of bad reading comprehension or call them half wits.  Try and work on that.  I'd say 500 something bucks out of pocket is just absurd for a routine tetanus shot, that was my cost, the insurance company got dinged for about the same amount.  But get signed in, wait an hour, consult with a nurse practitioner, then wait another 15 minutes, get the shot, and then have to wait another 15 minutes to consult with the doctor on staff.  Those walk in places are a rip off anyways, but it was Sat. afternoon, and I needed a tetanus shot.  My point, which was fairly obvious to anyone "with reading comprehension", is that the "price paid for the treatment" was too much, by myself AND the insurance company, which you just repeated.  Go find someone else to troll, you're annoying  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Which is that you have zero idea what you’re talking about. Same partisan bullshit that you typically spout. 

:lmao:Ok fake doctor.   

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Typical you. Make up shit about a person so you can call them a liar. 

Did you have a medical degree?  Did you work as a health professional treating patients?  I recall you claiming you didn't have one and you did treat patients in some capacity.   

Never once called you a liar about your career.    

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did you have a medical degree?  Did you work as a health professional treating patients?  I recall you claiming you didn't have one and you did treat patients in some capacity.   

Never once called you a liar about your career.    

Medical degree? Show me where I posted that. No sunshine. You made that up. You insist on this doctor stuff because you made it up out of thin air. Like a lot of what you post. :) 

22 hours ago, spin_dry said:

BTW...I'm just debating the number of illegals that a Yale study was pretty clear is much lower than the govt admits.   You can deny all you want that cost shifting occurs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/?sh=7943b7bd12c4

Current federal policy is to prohibit federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through either Medicaid or Obamacare. Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation's 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through "cost-shifting" i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care. In addition to these amounts, unauthorized immigrants likely benefit from at least $0.9 billion in implicit federal subsidies due to the tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals and another $5.7 billion in tax expenditures from the employer tax exclusion.

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

While the logic is simple—tally the inflows and outflows over time—actually gathering, assessing, and inserting the data appropriately into a mathematical model isn’t at all simple. Because there is significant uncertainty, the results are presented as a range. After running 1,000,000 simulations of the model, the researchers’ 95% probability range is 16 million to 29 million, with 22.1 million as the mean.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Medical degree? Show me where I posted that. No sunshine. You made that up. You insist on this doctor stuff because you made it up out of thin air. Like a lot of what you post. :) 

I recall it clearly.   Answer the simple questions did you treat patients with addictions?

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Your memory is more faulty than the bullshit you post. 

Simple yes or no dude.   If you didn't a simple explanation of what you did would clear it up?

Maybe I'm thinking of what AFJ claimed.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Simple yes or no dude.   If you didn't a simple explanation of what you did would clear it up?

Maybe I'm thinking of what AFJ claimed.  :lol:  

Maybe you you need to go back and correct the bullshit you think that you believe. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Maybe you you need to go back and correct the bullshit you think that you believe. 

Dude you said you worked in some type of rehab clinic or facility or what not with patients.  I didn't make shit up.  You explained it in pretty good detail that day.  I wish the archives were old enough to find it even having to search 2 different usernames.  On top of that you have demonstrated significant knowledge on both prescription and illegal drug use. 

Edited by Highmark

On 4/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, spin_dry said:

Facility I work in also has a 65 bed skilled nursing home and accompanying rehab center. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude you said you worked in some type of rehab clinic or facility or what not with patients.  I didn't make shit up.  You explained it in pretty good detail that day.  I wish the archives were old enough to find it even having to search 2 different usernames.  On top of that you have demonstrated significant knowledge on both prescription and illegal drug use. 

:news:

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Doctor? Where? Keep looking you little fucking mouse. 

Don't have too...my memory is spot on and I'm sure others recall the same.  Again you claimed to "treat patients" didn't say you called yourself a Dr.  Likely were just an orderly.   :bc:

ben-stiller-gilmore.gif

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Don't have too...my memory is spot on and I'm sure others recall the same.   :bc:

Oh now you’re speaking for the group. You’re really something. :lol: 

Get your gang together. It’s how guys like you operate. 

Edited by spin_dry

On 3/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s an issue that must be addressed. It’s a sticky subject in the healthcare industry. While I do agree that the drug companies are complicit in this issue, what your wife experiences is the primary problem. If a doctor gets enough black marks because he won’t prescribe a narcotic and the patient complains, he can be shown the door. In most cases of chronic pain, a referral to a PT or yoga class is most appropriate. This means that the patient has to take charge of their recovery in order to treat the nature of the condition rather than just treating symptoms. The entire healthcare system in America is built around symptom relief. That’s why we’re spending so much fucking money on it. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Oh now you’re speaking for the group. You’re really something. :lol: 

Get your gang together. It’s how guys like you operate. 

:lmao: