Check your account email address ×

Drone sunset hyperlapse from last night

ckf

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Cool!  

9428086A-FD7C-4E74-BDDB-26305C3A66A8.jpeg

0D9F79B4-0BE0-43AE-91C7-AA3972412B49.jpeg

196B7DE8-6DB6-441B-B2EF-350D712D01CC.jpeg

Very nice!   @hsr Was supposed to remind me to add the Exif extension that corrects the sideways vertical pics.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

John do you attach a nicer camera to the drone or use the stock onb

L oard camera?

That's the standard camera built-in to the drone. The hyperlypses are all done automatically by the drone. I just set the direction, speed and how long I want the end video to be and the drone flys the mission. I was reading and posting on FS last night when it did it's thing at 2 mph.

Was it you that was thinking about getting one a year or two ago?

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's the standard camera built-in to the drone. The hyperlypses are all done automatically by the drone. I just set the direction, speed and how long I want the end video to be and the drone flys the mission. I was reading and posting on FS last night when it did it's thing at 2 mph.

Was it you that was thinking about getting one a year or two ago?

Yeah I would like to use one to get some good aerial shots of the work we do in AK. I always thought that would look pretty cool.

10 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah I would like to use one to get some good aerial shots of the work we do in AK. I always thought that would look pretty cool.

That would be cool!  The drones have a follow me mode that could even track your ship. As long as your ship doesn't go 25-30 mph, lol  The only issues that I have seen is when you try to land them on a moving boat. All that I have seen are flying from and landing on a 45' sailboat. As you can imagine there's lots of stuff that can cause problems trying to land with the mast, sails and rigging, lol

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, ckf said:

That would be cool!  The drones have a follow me mode that could even track your ship. As long as your ship doesn't go 25-30 mph, lol  The only issues that I have seen is when you try to land them on a moving boat. All that I have seen are flying from and landing on a 45' sailboat. As you can imagine there's lots of stuff that can cause problems trying to land with the mast, sails and rigging, lol

Yeah we have plenty of flat open space to land from and we top out at 10kts or so.  Might have to order one

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah we have plenty of flat open space to land from and we top out at 10kts or so.  Might have to order one

I'll give you a deal on my Air 2s Fly more combo kit. It's in excellent condition and works great. It comes with 3 batteries and I also bought a dc car charger that comes with it.  I've been meaning to list it on eBay. I'd rather give someone that I know a deal instead of giving the fees to eBay.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'll give you a deal on my Air 2s Fly more combo kit. It's in excellent condition and works great. It comes with 3 batteries and I also bought a dc car charger that comes with it.  I've been meaning to list it on eBay. I'd rather give someone that I know a deal instead of giving the fees to eBay.

pfzs6P.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Cool!  

9428086A-FD7C-4E74-BDDB-26305C3A66A8.jpeg

0D9F79B4-0BE0-43AE-91C7-AA3972412B49.jpeg

196B7DE8-6DB6-441B-B2EF-350D712D01CC.jpeg

OK, the Exif extension has been added. Can someone try posting a pic that they have had an issue with?

@HSR was it you that posted one a few days ago?  If I would have known that you were going to make work on a Friday night I wouldn't have taken the afternoon off :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

It's funny it rotated the puc of my back yard but memes post up fine?? I though it was me holding my phone vertical and not sideways?? 

If you look in the Admin Control Panel there are 2 notifications. One is this Exif extension that needs to be loaded on the server. It has been added, but still shows up that it's still needed. Maybe I need to reboot the server? :dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

If you look in the Admin Control Panel there are 2 notifications. One is this Exif extension that needs to be loaded on the server. It has been added, but still shows up that it's still needed.  Maybe I need to reboot the server? :dunno:

Could be? If you've tried swearing, throwing something and kicking it what else is left to do?:lol:

1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

I copied this and then rotated it in Paint & saved it.

1179821784_Sunset.jpg.a22097407f68abd36403ddd35f63fc95.jpg

It should do it automatically. All photos have Exif information embedded in them. This extension is supposed to read that info and post the photo in the orientation that it was shot.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

If you look in the Admin Control Panel there are 2 notifications. One is this Exif extension that needs to be loaded on the server. It has been added, but still shows up that it's still needed. Maybe I need to reboot the server? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Could be? If you've tried swearing, throwing something and kicking it what else is left to do?:lol:

System crash in 5-4-3-2-1-...................... lam.gif.3037fc6015c75d5ec26f54e60aa85ff9.gif

:lolz:

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

It should do it automatically. All photos have Exif information embedded in them. This extension is supposed to read that info and post the photo in the orientation that it was shot.

Beyond my paygrade................. :lolz: