Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Then have em get a warrent.

Which takes probable cause....you can't just say she is seeing so and so and have that be enough for a warrant.  Even people married to Felon's have the right to self defense.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Which takes probable cause....you can't just say she is seeing so and so and have that be enough for a warrant. 

Well what is the answer? Trace a gun after it is used in a crime? They already do that. The dead guy dosnt care much about it at that point.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well what is the answer? Trace a gun after it is used in a crime? They already do that. The dead guy dosnt care much about it at that point.

There is no easy answer to violence but it should not involve law abiding citizens losing their constitutional rights to defend themselves.

If we are to get serious about gun violence we must do something where the majority of it exists.   Around gangs and drugs.   Again no easy answer but we refuse to address the real issues at hand and we must lock up repeat offenders for life.   After one violent felony with a gun the 2nd you are off to prison for life.....period.  No three strikes your out....no third chances.  They like to say prison or jail isn't a deterrent then why does crime go up so much when we go soft on it?   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There is no easy answer to violence but it should not involve law abiding citizens losing their constitutional rights to defend themselves.

If we are to get serious about gun violence we must do something where the majority of it exists.   Around gangs and drugs.   Again no easy answer but we refuse to address the real issues at hand and we must lock up repeat offenders for life.   After one violent felony with a gun the 2nd you are off to prison for life.....period.  No three strikes your out....no third chances.  They like to say prison or jail isn't a deterrent then why does crime go up so much when we go soft on it?   

And that presents another problem. Many violent crimes are committed by minors ( those under 18 yrs of age ) The supreme court has already ruled that life in prison for someone who committed their crime before the age of 18 violates the 8th ammendmant. 

Any other ideas?

32 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And that presents another problem. Many violent crimes are committed by minors ( those under 18 yrs of age ) The supreme court has already ruled that life in prison for someone who committed their crime before the age of 18 violates the 8th ammendmant. 

Any other ideas?

Actually you are wrong....juveniles can get life without parole for murder.  

What percentage of gun violence is committed by minors? 

https://www.sentencingproject.org/policy-brief/juvenile-life-without-parole-an-overview/

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/policy-brief/juvenile-life-without-parole-an-overview/

You are correct. They can be sentanced to life, . It is life without parole they cannot be sentanced to.

I dont know the number but am willing to bet 40% or more of murders are committed by those under 18. 

In most gangs it is the minors who are carrying as they will not be charged the same as an adult.

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You are correct. They can be sentanced to life, . It is life without parole they cannot be sentanced to.

I dont know the number but am willing to bet 40% or more of murders are committed by those under 18. 

In most gangs it is the minors who are carrying as they will not be charged the same as an adult.

Wrong again read the link.

50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So let me ask you. As a fiscal conservative ( Im assuming you are ) Do you want to pay for a 72 yr old cancer patiant to stay in prison for something they did 53 yrs prior?

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So let me ask you. As a fiscal conservative ( Im assuming you are ) Do you want to pay for a 72 yr old cancer patiant to stay in prison for something they did 53 yrs prior?

Great question.

48 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I would rather do that than take away law abiding citizens rights. There's other places in government to cut costs. I also think capitol punishment without appeal should be used in murder cases that are proven without doubt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

I would rather do that than take away law abiding citizens rights. There's other places in government to cut costs. I also think capitol punishment without appeal should be used in murder cases that are proven without doubt. 

This I agree with. 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yes...personally I'd work their ass off in prison their whole life to help pay off the costs.   It's not always about money sometimes justice is more important.

17 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

wrong about what?

Under 18 can get life without parole for murder.

By Joshua Rovner

April 7, 2023

The United States stands alone as the only nation that sentences people to life without parole for crimes committed before turning 18. 

Edited by Highmark

17 hours ago, HSR said:

It might help if you guys didn't have so much gun violence and mass shootings in the news every week. Gives the libs lots to be scared about. 

Now are you guys really trying to turn this thread around to be about Canada?? Wow. Zero mass shootings this year is all you need to know.

not at all. we generally use canada as an example of what can happen if you dont stand up for your rights.

yes, i realize it's not actually a right there, but you get my meaning

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

not at all. we generally use canada as an example of what can happen if you dont stand up for your rights.

yes, i realize it's not actually a right there, but you get my meaning

Nice spin and deflect. Read the thread title.

12 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I'll need a race breakdown of these mass shootings 

Guns come in races?

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Guns come in races?

I know you're slow but guns are designed to kill and don't fire themselves 

Based on how a mass shooting is defined  in this thread, who do you think commits the most of them? 

Edited by washedupmxer

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

If there are no guns, can people die from them?

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Based on how a mass shooting is defined  in this thread, who do you think commits the most of them? 

Black people. Thats why the problem will not be solved. The left is afraid of offending them and the right just dosnt give a fuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1