Check your account email address ×

Silicon Valley Bank Closed by Regulators

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m not slamming you whatsoever for being a Teamster…racer is the one that brought up Teamsters in an effort to prove his point about members here wanting free money and not working for it. FFS is his vortex of stupidity so powerful you don’t see it?😂

I gave an example of the government bailing out and giving out money that they shouldn't.  Instead of addressing that, you try and turn it into a divisive argument like I am picking on a specific group that got the money.  Typical juvenile bullshit to redirect attention away from the real problem. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, racer254 said:

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

The pension fund was mismanaged to the point of insolvency. It's no different than bailing out a bank for the same reason. People will be getting their money off the backs of taxpayers....

If it were not intended to be a dig at me, you would not have used Teamster to refer to me.

But that's okay....

Racer brought up teamsters, not Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I gave an example of the government bailing out and giving out money that they shouldn't.  Instead of addressing that, you try and turn it into a divisive argument like I am picking on a specific group that got the money.  Typical juvenile bullshit to redirect attention away from the real problem. 

You said that there are members here that cheered free money because they didn’t want to work…you said it not me.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Steve753 said:

Racer brought up teamsters, not Jimmy.

I gave a fucking example.  Would it be better if I would have used the student loan forgiveness right away.  Jimmy just tried to redirect it into a dig against the teamsters instead of addressing the real issue.

Just now, racer254 said:

I gave a fucking example.  Would it be better if I would have used the student loan forgiveness right away.  Jimmy just tried to redirect it into a dig against the teamsters instead of addressing the real issue.

Good god you are stupid…has to be an act.😂

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

:backpeddle:

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good god you are stupid…has to be an act.😂

Hey, perfect example is the san francisco bullshit of wanting to give black reparations.  This will have conservatives getting pissed that the government is giving out money.  And liberals will turn it into a narrative that conservatives and republicans are against blacks.  This is exactly what democrats do.  They are causing problems and divides that are not there currently.  Just like you were trying to do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Hey, perfect example is the san francisco bullshit of wanting to give black reparations.  This will have conservatives getting pissed that the government is giving out money.  And liberals will turn it into a narrative that conservatives and republicans are against blacks.  This is exactly what democrats do.  They are causing problems and divides that are not there currently.  Just like you were trying to do.

It all went downhill for you when you said a few members on this site.

• Like 1

In 2021, SVB gave $100,000 in corporate gifts to the Newsom nonprofit. These gifts are so intertwined with the Newsom’s that they are listed as a matter of California ethics law on a state government website, California Fair Political Practices Commission.

All nonprofit donors are listed on the state website if they are “behested” gifts. The term “behested” means “at the request, suggestion, or solicitation of, or made in cooperation, consultation, coordination or concert with the public official.”

In this case, it’s the governor who behested the Silicon Valley Bank $100,000 gift. It’s the governor who requested, suggested, solicitated or cooperated, coordinated or acted in concert to procure the gift. However, the mandatory-state-disclosed conflict-of-interest listing also names his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom. That’s because, Mrs. Newsom is also a public official, the first ever “First Partner.”

Siebel Newsom’s public duties including running the Office of First Partner which was created by the governor shortly after inauguration. Since 2019, the governor allocated nine staffers and nearly $5 million in taxpayer funds for his wife’s office.

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/open-the-books-links-gov-gavin-newsom-and-silicon-valley-bank/

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

In 2021, SVB gave $100,000 in corporate gifts to the Newsom nonprofit. These gifts are so intertwined with the Newsom’s that they are listed as a matter of California ethics law on a state government website, California Fair Political Practices Commission.

All nonprofit donors are listed on the state website if they are “behested” gifts. The term “behested” means “at the request, suggestion, or solicitation of, or made in cooperation, consultation, coordination or concert with the public official.”

In this case, it’s the governor who behested the Silicon Valley Bank $100,000 gift. It’s the governor who requested, suggested, solicitated or cooperated, coordinated or acted in concert to procure the gift. However, the mandatory-state-disclosed conflict-of-interest listing also names his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom. That’s because, Mrs. Newsom is also a public official, the first ever “First Partner.”

Siebel Newsom’s public duties including running the Office of First Partner which was created by the governor shortly after inauguration. Since 2019, the governor allocated nine staffers and nearly $5 million in taxpayer funds for his wife’s office.

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/open-the-books-links-gov-gavin-newsom-and-silicon-valley-bank/

But I thought it was Peter Thiel.  This just gets better and better.

Former Dems including Clinton donor, Obama official dominated SVB’s board of directors

Brianna Herlihy
Tue, March 14, 2023 at 1:26 PM CDT

The board of directors of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), which collapsed in less than 48 hours last week, was packed with staunch Democrats, according to a report.

Last week, SVB suffered $1.8 billion in losses as it faced a liquidity crisis caused by souring investments in bonds that lost value as interest rates rose. The bank's share price fell 60% last week and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) stepped in on Friday to take over the bank's operations as depositors panicked and rushed to withdraw their money.

The bank's management is now under heavy scrutiny as enforcement agencies investigate what went awry and sent the 16th-largest bank in the country into a tailspin.

silicon valley bank

A customer stands outside a shuttered Silicon Valley Bank location on March 10, 2023, in Santa Clara, California.

On Tuesday, the New York Post reported that among the 12 members of SVB’s board of directors who were supposed to guide the bank away from catastrophic errors include a Hillary Clinton mega-donor who went to a Shinto shrine to pray after Donald Trump won the White House, a former President Barack Obama political appointee, and a prolific contributor to Democrats who owns a Napa Valley vineyard 15 minutes from the home of former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

According to the report, Democrat alignment was part of the bank's overall strategy.

The board members donated to Obama, Clinton, President Joe Biden, local Democrat congressional reps such as Pelosi, as well as political action committees for Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., a longtime member of the powerful Senate Banking Committee, according to the Post.

"Everyone knew it was the go-to bank for woke CEOs," one source told the New York Post. "They knew they were aligned politically. The companies SVB loaned money to all had a woke agenda."

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I see.

FrLTjRrWwAICtdm.thumb.jpeg.ddc1b13befb60410c27e93e381573ac5.jpeg

Hey walking contradiction. You’re wealthy mgmt company that you like to brag about specializes in clean energy investments. You should be happy - this probably saved them and  you a lot of money.

:lol:

• Haha 1