Check your account email address ×

Really…Is This For Real?

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

32 hour work weeks has been a success for those companies that have instituted it.

Having to pay 8 hrs less pay, I'd think it would be. Make those fuckers do 40 hrs of work in 32.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Having to pay 8 hrs less pay, I'd think it would be. Make those fuckers do 40 hrs of work in 32.

No.  Work 32 and get paid 40.  That was a multinational study.  All the companies aren’t going back to 40 hour work weeks.  Companies are seeing huge benefits and workers see pay increase.

https://www.businessinsider.com/benefits-of-four-day-work-week-global-study-2022-12?amp

Over the trial period, revenue among the participating companies rose 8.14%, and when compared to the same time period last year, revenue jumped 37.55%. And on the employee side, the findings were significant — 67% of employees reported being less burned-out, the extra day without work allowed exercise to increase by about 23 minutes per week, and sleep problems decreased by 8%.

A respondent said in the report that they view the shortened work week as "equivalent to ~25% pay bump," with another saying that "the trial has been fantastic, allowing me to take the extra day or time when I can. Due to the nature of this role it isn't always possible, however even having the chance or possibility to do so has made a big difference in my lifestyle."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

No.  Work 32 and get paid 40.  That was a multinational study.  All the companies aren’t going back to 40 hour work weeks.  Companies are seeing huge benefits and workers see pay increase.

https://www.businessinsider.com/benefits-of-four-day-work-week-global-study-2022-12?amp

Over the trial period, revenue among the participating companies rose 8.14%, and when compared to the same time period last year, revenue jumped 37.55%. And on the employee side, the findings were significant — 67% of employees reported being less burned-out, the extra day without work allowed exercise to increase by about 23 minutes per week, and sleep problems decreased by 8%.

A respondent said in the report that they view the shortened work week as "equivalent to ~25% pay bump," with another saying that "the trial has been fantastic, allowing me to take the extra day or time when I can. Due to the nature of this role it isn't always possible, however even having the chance or possibility to do so has made a big difference in my lifestyle."

That's funny. People are more obese than ever. Too much time on their hands. 4 days on 3 days off 12 hr days. 

• Gold Member

companies saw a huge boost in revenue and profits from 32 hour work paid for 40.  I think even some trades like auto body shops do something similar.  If you get a job scheduled to take 10 hours and the employee gets it done in 5 they get paid for 10 hours of work even though it only took them 5.  Seems to work good!  No?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/12/09/us-4-day-workweek-trial-results-no-one-is-going-back-to-normal.html

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

companies saw a huge boost in revenue and profits from 32 hour work paid for 40.  I think even some trades like auto body shops do something similar.  If you get a job scheduled to take 10 hours and the employee gets it done in 5 they get paid for 10 hours of work even though it only took them 5.  Seems to work good!  No?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/12/09/us-4-day-workweek-trial-results-no-one-is-going-back-to-normal.html

Maybe that's why Teslas quality is complete garbage. Usually when something takes much less time, quality of work goes for shit. The RV industry is a fine example of this as most work peace work.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Maybe that's why Teslas quality is complete garbage. Usually when something takes much less time, quality of work goes for shit. The RV industry is a fine example of this as most work peace work.

So it is not good for auto body shops and workers get a 10 hour job done in 5?  Not good for the body shop owner or the worker?

So it is not good for auto body shops and workers get a 10 hour job done in 5?  Not good for the body shop owner or the worker?

If the quality is good sure.  Auto body is a poor example imo unless you're happy with Earl Scheib quality of work.

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

If the quality is good sure.  Auto body is a poor example imo unless you're happy with Earl Scheib quality of work.

The study showed a productivity increaseand revenue increase for the company that participated in the study.  Is that bad for a company to have increased productivity and revenues while working employees less but keeping the compensation the same???? 

Just now, BOHICA said:

The study showed a productivity increaseand revenue increase for the company that participated in the study.  Is that bad for a company to have increased productivity and revenues while working employees less but keeping the compensation the same???? 

If the quality of work is ok sure. More isn't always better and will hurt in the long run.

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

If the quality of work is ok sure. More isn't always better and will hurt in the long run.

The study didn’t show any of that you speak of though…. All companies are sticking with it even though they are not required.

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The study didn’t show any of that you speak of though…. All companies are sticking with it even though they are not required.

The RV company said it wasn't working. No mention of a body shop that I saw. My guess these are mostly office jobs.

At Advanced RV, a motorhome manufacturer near Cleveland, Ohio, workers weren't able to fully meet the goals they'd set out for themselves in the spring: to be as productive in four days as they were in five, to maintain their customer service, and to improve the quality of their work.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The RV company said it wasn't working. No mention of a body shop that I saw. My guess these are mostly office jobs.

At Advanced RV, a motorhome manufacturer near Cleveland, Ohio, workers weren't able to fully meet the goals they'd set out for themselves in the spring: to be as productive in four days as they were in five, to maintain their customer service, and to improve the quality of their work.

But the CEO decide to continue the 32 hour work week.  Possibly employee retention, moral, and such.  If the president of the company saw it as a negative for the company why continue it….

But company president Mike Neundorfer, who's been interested the four-day week concept for a while now, says they're trending the right direction.

He decided six months wasn't long enough to give the experiment a fair shot, and in October announced the company would extend the policy for at least another three months and reassess. It was met with "spontaneous applause," Neundorfer says.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

But the CEO decide to continue the 32 hour work week.  Possibly employee retention, moral, and such.  If the president of the company saw it as a negative for the company why continue it….

But company president Mike Neundorfer, who's been interested the four-day week concept for a while now, says they're trending the right direction.

He decided six months wasn't long enough to give the experiment a fair shot, and in October announced the company would extend the policy for at least another three months and reassess. It was met with "spontaneous applause," Neundorfer says.

Yes I read that. But you said it was working everywhere and that's simply not the case.

Screenshot_20230121_120132.jpg

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member

“I kind of kept my reservations to myself, but I was thinking, ‘God, I hope this works out,'” Haack said. “I just kept reminding everyone, ‘Hey if this doesn’t work, we’re going to have to go back.'”

But, Vansmith hasn’t gone back. Much to Haack’s surprise (and to the elation of the staff) the grand experiment did work. The company cut everyone’s hours from 40 a week to 32 a week, without cutting pay. And productivity didn’t go down at all, Haack said.

“Generally speaking, we [gave] everyone a raise without giving anyone a raise and we’re getting the same amount of work done,” he said. Everyone is benefitting from the new schedule

https://gearjunkie.com/camper-rv/vansmith-4-day-work-week

“I kind of kept my reservations to myself, but I was thinking, ‘God, I hope this works out,'” Haack said. “I just kept reminding everyone, ‘Hey if this doesn’t work, we’re going to have to go back.'”

But, Vansmith hasn’t gone back. Much to Haack’s surprise (and to the elation of the staff) the grand experiment did work. The company cut everyone’s hours from 40 a week to 32 a week, without cutting pay. And productivity didn’t go down at all, Haack said.

“Generally speaking, we [gave] everyone a raise without giving anyone a raise and we’re getting the same amount of work done,” he said. Everyone is benefitting from the new schedule

https://gearjunkie.com/camper-rv/vansmith-4-day-work-week

If you knew anything about the RV industry which it's obvious you don't. It's known for poor quality and getting the shit out as fast as possible. Last thing that industry needs is workers doing 40 hrs of work in 32.

But I know from your other threads you're just here to argue.

:bc:

Sounds great for workers,  not so much for customers.  Not sure how this works in the service or retail industry without hiring more employees?  Probably be fine for a factory type setting. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

If you knew anything about the RV industry which it's obvious you don't. It's known for poor quality and getting the shit out as fast as possible. Last thing that industry needs is workers doing 40 hrs of work in 32.

But I know from your other threads you're just here to argue.

:bc:

Is that the goal of ever company…. Have workers crank out as much stuff as possible.

32 hour work week improves companies bottom lines.  That is fact backed up by the recent studies.  Less sick time taken, increased employee moral and productivity.  You are the one just arguing to argue….

Just now, BOHICA said:

Is that the goal of ever company…. Have workers crank out as much stuff as possible.

32 hour work week improves companies bottom lines.  That is fact backed up by the recent studies.  Less sick time taken, increased employee moral and productivity.  You are the one just arguing to argue….

Recalls and warranty claims are great for the bottomline!