Check your account email address ×

Ev”s are killing untold masses it appears

Voodoo

DETROIT (AP) – The head of the National Transportation Safety Board expressed concern Wednesday about the safety risks that heavy electric vehicles pose if they collide with lighter vehicles.

The official, Jennifer Homendy, raised the issue in a speech in Washington to the Transportation Research Board. She noted, by way of example, that an electric GMC Hummer weighs about 9,000 pounds (4,000 kilograms), with a battery pack that alone is 2,900 pounds (1,300 kilograms) – roughly the entire weight of a typical Honda Civic.

https://www.design-engineering.com/us-official-warns-of-risks-posed-by-heavy-electric-vehicles-1004039661/?custnum=&CUSTNUM;&title=&*URLENCODE(&TITLE;)&utm_source=&PUB_CODE;&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&*URLENCODE({{*JobID}})&oly_enc_id=2248I6884812B0W

Death traps, for other road users!

Maybe they can take some bicycles out too.

B2B658F5-F492-40B5-8001-DE34A2EC1FDC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Rivian is the safest pickup the IIHS has ever run through the crash tests.  It’s good to put your family in the safest vehicles on the road if you care for them. 

That is not what the car hating left in Toronto think.

The bigger and heavier the vehicle, the more research shows the danger to other road users like bicycles and pedestrians.'

I drive a 3/4 ton long box crew so you can see I don't give a fuck either.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

That is not what the car hating left in Toronto think.

The bigger and heavier the vehicle, the more research shows the danger to other road users like bicycles and pedestrians.'

I drive a 3/4 ton long box crew so you can see I don't give a fuck either.

Ya.  Put your family in the safest vehicles available.  There are semis, under maintained hd pickups and a host of other shit your family could encounter.  Can’t help those that choose to not use the safest vehicles

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was just talking with a coworker yesterday who had just got back from seeing the Hummer on the 4 post shaker. He said the thing barely vibrated it’s so heavy 😂