Check your account email address ×

C8 zo6 vs Demon

Rod

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The C8 Z06 will never have awd or front wheel assist. It was put together to be a 100%, naturally aspirated, rwd track car.  

A pre production electric Z06  has already been spotted and photographed. That empty cavern at the front of car says it all. The only question is if it’ll be electric assist or all electric. 

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

A pre production electric Z06  has already been spotted and photographed. That empty cavern at the front of car says it all. The only question is if it’ll be electric assist or all electric. 

Yeah, you go with all that. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The C8 Z06 will never have awd or front wheel assist. It was put together to be a 100%, naturally aspirated, rwd track car.  

Is this V284 program GM is rolling out the new EV Vette? 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Then the GM president was lying back in April.  Apparently he should’ve consulted with you first. :lol:  

He said electric Z06? Interesting. 

42 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Is this V284 program GM is rolling out the new EV Vette? 

No idea wtf that even is. Ask AFJ. He probably knows. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Then the GM president was lying back in April.  Apparently he should’ve consulted with you first. :lol:  

9 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No idea wtf that even is. Ask AFJ. He probably knows. 

We are starting work on this program and I've been told it's the EV Corvette.

Back in April.....  :news: 

"The great American sports car is going electric. General Motors President Mark Reuss shared the news this morning, and released the first images of the upcoming electric Chevrolet Corvette. He says the vehicle could be available for sale as soon as “early next year.” And the electrification of the Corvette is the least exciting part of the announcement: The video clearly shows the front tires are powered, meaning only one thing: The Corvette is going all-wheel drive.

Chevy appears to be building for an AWD future. Automotive rumors peg the unannounced, high-performance Corvette C8 Z06 to sport AWD, and the video here all but confirms the arrangement in the EV version, too. It appears that the EV Corvette will be based on the existing mid-engine Corvette platform, which leaves plenty of room in the front and back for motors on each axle. With internal combustion affairs, vehicles require significant retrofitting to make room for all-wheel drive’s extra driveshafts and differentials. With EVs, it just takes another motor and some computer programming."

https://techcrunch.com/2022/04/25/ev-chevy-corvette-awd/

56 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We are starting work on this program and I've been told it's the EV Corvette.

Back in April.....  :news: 

"The great American sports car is going electric. General Motors President Mark Reuss shared the news this morning, and released the first images of the upcoming electric Chevrolet Corvette. He says the vehicle could be available for sale as soon as “early next year.” And the electrification of the Corvette is the least exciting part of the announcement: The video clearly shows the front tires are powered, meaning only one thing: The Corvette is going all-wheel drive.

Chevy appears to be building for an AWD future. Automotive rumors peg the unannounced, high-performance Corvette C8 Z06 to sport AWD, and the video here all but confirms the arrangement in the EV version, too. It appears that the EV Corvette will be based on the existing mid-engine Corvette platform, which leaves plenty of room in the front and back for motors on each axle. With internal combustion affairs, vehicles require significant retrofitting to make room for all-wheel drive’s extra driveshafts and differentials. With EVs, it just takes another motor and some computer programming."

https://techcrunch.com/2022/04/25/ev-chevy-corvette-awd/

No idea. The car in the video still seems to have an engine noise though so… :dunno:

52 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No idea. The car in the video still seems to have an engine noise though so… :dunno:

Yeah it not supposed to be all electric. The rumour is electric assist AWD 

Correct. I’ve read the rumors/talk about a full EV Corvette for years. I’m sure sooner or later something like that will happen. Problem is, battery tech is still too low and from what I hear, just getting the materials to BUILD next gen packs is almost impossible right now. Full blow production of current EV models is severely dismal for some auto manufacturers so I wouldn’t be waiting around for anything super high end like a full blown EV Corvette anytime soon. I’m sure there isn’t many people in line to buy one anyway. 

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Correct. I’ve read the rumors/talk about a full EV Corvette for years. I’m sure sooner or later something like that will happen. Problem is, battery tech is still too low and from what I hear, just getting the materials to BUILD next gen packs is almost impossible right now. Full blow production of current EV models is severely dismal for some auto manufacturers so I wouldn’t be waiting around for anything super high end like a full blown EV Corvette anytime soon. I’m sure there isn’t many people in line to buy one anyway. 

Are they even very good for actually road course racing yet?

7 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

GM is up to BEV3 now so they have a handful of EV's already in production or coming into production. I've worked some Caddy's lately that are EV. And with production numbers being lower on the Vettes I see it as a possibility real soon. Hell the Hummer has been out and now and the Silverado and Blazer EV's are coming

41 minutes ago, ACE said:

Are they even very good for actually road course racing yet?

Are what any good? Full EV vehicles? No idea. 

32 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

GM is up to BEV3 now so they have a handful of EV's already in production or coming into production. I've worked some Caddy's lately that are EV. And with production numbers being lower on the Vettes I see it as a possibility real soon. Hell the Hummer has been out and now and the Silverado and Blazer EV's are coming

How many BEV3 vehicles has GM produced? How many Hummers or Lyriqs? Materials cannot even be sourced for those and we all know that auto manufacturers work 3-4 years ahead, minimum. So, how is the next gen EV suppose to even enter development, if the materials to build current production cannot even be sourced easily enough? 

2023 is going to bring the pain for a large amount of the auto market. Any manufacturer putting a ton of weight in the EV market is going to be hurtin for certain, by the looks of it. 

29 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

E-Ray is not pure electric, it’s got the same 6.2L V8 + front electric motor for AWD traction.

Oh no no no. AFJ says it’s a Z06 with front electric drive, not some “same 6.2L V8” bullshit. Just look up the page a few posts. :news:

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

How many BEV3 vehicles has GM produced? How many Hummers or Lyriqs? Materials cannot even be sourced for those and we all know that auto manufacturers work 3-4 years ahead, minimum. So, how is the next gen EV suppose to even enter development, if the materials to build current production cannot even be sourced easily enough? 

2023 is going to bring the pain for a large amount of the auto market. Any manufacturer putting a ton of weight in the EV market is going to be hurtin for certain, by the looks of it. 

Everything is going EV it seems. The last couple GM programs I worked, the Honda / GM joint venture program I just got off of, the Ford/Lincoln program I'm working now which is usually a high volume vehicle. The last ICE program I was on I spent a couple years slaving over was the Bronco. I bet that one will be EV for the next re-design.

I don't know how they'll pull it all off considering current times. I'm more a fan of the Hybrid model taking the market over and then going full EV later but from what I see they are jumping in

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Everything is going EV it seems. The last couple GM programs I worked, the Honda / GM joint venture program I just got off of, the Ford/Lincoln program I'm working now which is usually a high volume vehicle. The last ICE program I was on I spent a couple years slaving over was the Bronco. I bet that one will be EV for the next re-design.

I don't know how they'll pull it all off considering current times. I'm more a fan of the Hybrid model taking the market over and then going full EV later but from what I see they are jumping in

China made an about face on EV a couple of years ago. They can’t sustain it so now they don’t want it like they want something with a gasoline engine in it. 

With the lack of materials for current stuff, a LOT of people are sitting on their hands with nothing to do, in the R&D world, on the manufacture side. 2023 isn’t going to be pretty. If things don’t turn around before mid way through the 2nd quarter, I can see a mass forced exodus coming for a lot of white collar peeps in the automotive sector. Unless, they do an about face like China did but, politics will probably keep them from doing that, unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong though. At least about the jobs part. I have no want to be a large part of any large EV movement personally. Nothing against it, it just doesn’t hold my interest. 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

China made an about face on EV a couple of years ago. They can’t sustain it so now they don’t want it like they want something with a gasoline engine in it. 

With the lack of materials for current stuff, a LOT of people are sitting on their hands with nothing to do, in the R&D world, on the manufacture side. 2023 isn’t going to be pretty. If things don’t turn around before mid way through the 2nd quarter, I can see a mass forced exodus coming for a lot of white collar peeps in the automotive sector. Unless, they do an about face like China did but, politics will probably keep them from doing that, unfortunately. 

Yeah maybe but that's thing with automotive. It's a fucking rollercoaster ride all the time. Most of the time I have work coming out my ears and pulling my hair out trying to keep up OR I'm wondering when the next programs will come in. Lucky for me we have GM, Ford, Stelantis, Tesla, and BMW to work on so they balance out a little. Granted our biggest customer is GM.

All summer I was I was just sort of busy, enough to fill a 40 hour work week, but I didn't see anything coming down the pike. Middle/end of Fall things started to pick back up and it looks like the next year or so I'll have all the work I can handle.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Trudeau is forcing electric here and is set to raise the carbon tax to at least a dollar a litre. 

Whitmer has higher registration fees for EV's and might start a VMT type program here in Michigan