Check your account email address ×

LaVar Ball: ‘Slow white guys’ kept UCLA from winning title, Lonzo played hurt in loss

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lol:   Lets see if ESPN and the sports world treats this like they would if a white dad blamed a loss on black kids being stupid.  

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/06/lavar-ball-lonzo-ucla-kentucky-loss-slow-white-guys

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” Ball said. “I told Lonzo - ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.' It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

23 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

This Lavar Ball guy is priceless...you should listen to him and Steven A. Smith go at it...awesome! :lol:

I saw that. I just hope this dad's mouth doesn't prevent a team from picking the kid, that would be unfortunate. He really needs to STFU already.

Just now, motonoggin said:

No, it's not a whoosh.

You're equating hurt white feelings with systemic racism. Not cool.

:lol:   I am?   Damn that is some power of perception you have.  

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I saw that. I just hope this dad's mouth doesn't prevent a team from picking the kid, that would be unfortunate. He really needs to STFU already.

the kids good enough to not have the noise overwhelm teams,  the next kid going to ucla next year is no where near as good and this shit will cost him unless he really steps up his game

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the kids good enough to not have the noise overwhelm teams,  the next kid going to ucla next year is no where near as good and this shit will cost him unless he really steps up his game

Yep...once he gets drafted and shows he can play none of this will matter.