Check your account email address ×

happy thanksgiving and thank you to the underappreciated...

just came home from visiting the MIL who's recently been moved to an assisted living center.... while we were there I made a point of saying happy thanksgiving and thank you for being here today to every staff member I encountered.  stopped at a gas station on the way home and said the same to the cashier.  so, to any of you whose spouse's, family or friends work in the health care, hospitality industries, LEO/fireman or anyone where days like today are business as usual... please wish them a happy thanksgiving and appreciate them for what they do.

have a great thanksgiving... and get back to your regularly scheduled bickering.  :)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 6

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

just came home from visiting the MIL who's recently been moved to an assisted living center.... while we were there I made a point of saying happy thanksgiving and thank you for being here today.  stopped at a gas station on the way home and said the same to the cashier.  so, to any of you whose spouse's, family or friends work in the health care, hospitality industries, LEO/fireman or anyone where days like today are business as usual... please wish them a happy thanksgiving and appreciate them for what they do.

have a great thanksgiving... and get back to your regularly scheduled bickering.  :)

Well said.👊🏻

16 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I will tell all my guests at the house Trump got screwed in the 2020 election. Oh, what fun we will have!:lol2:

i'm going to have to explain to a few liberal youngn's that joe biden and the democrats aren't doing a great job and have fully prepared.

1I4R.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

i'm going to have to explain to a few liberal youngn's that joe biden and the democrats aren't doing a great job and have fully prepared.

1I4R.gif

Today's the day to joke around and have fun, so keep them laughing. :bc:

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just came home from visiting the MIL who's recently been moved to an assisted living center.... while we were there I made a point of saying happy thanksgiving and thank you for being here today to every staff member I encountered.  stopped at a gas station on the way home and said the same to the cashier.  so, to any of you whose spouse's, family or friends work in the health care, hospitality industries, LEO/fireman or anyone where days like today are business as usual... please wish them a happy thanksgiving and appreciate them for what they do.

my bro got carried in yesterday, they think lyme disease. he said everyone, from the first paramedic to the discharge nurse were awesome. that is not always the case , especially where he went but it is most times. very special people working in there. my bro said paramedic had him cracking up , and these folks are run ragged . i was in 8 times in 2017 , and the nurses, were unreal. got to know me of course, and really put themselves out there. one i was nasty to right after waking up just laughed it off. i told her i was sorry but did not remember. on visits after that i would walk up , and she would say "well, well, well, look who we have here" and laugh. i still thought she was mad and told her i felt bad. she said it was common, no one remembers, and that she just laughs it off. that group of women made something horrible a little better , just by being themselves . could not be more thankful and i told them so. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

my bro got carried in yesterday, they think lyme disease. he said everyone, from the first paramedic to the discharge nurse were awesome. that is not always the case , especially where he went but it is most times. very special people working in there. my bro said paramedic had him cracking up , and these folks are run ragged . i was in 8 times in 2017 , and the nurses, were unreal. got to know me of course, and really put themselves out there. one i was nasty to right after waking up just laughed it off. i told her i was sorry but did not remember. on visits after that i would walk up , and she would say "well, well, well, look who we have here" and laugh. i still thought she was mad and told her i felt bad. she said it was common, no one remembers, and that she just laughs it off. that group of women made something horrible a little better , just by being themselves . could not be more thankful and i told them so. 

Hope yer bro is ok :bc:

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

thanks. waiting on results. lyme can really tear you up. he is an avid hunter and has dealt with it before. left untreated it devastates your body and even beyond the point of return

Yup lost a coworker/friend years ago to just that.

Hoping for the best :bc:

14 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

thanks. waiting on results. lyme can really tear you up. he is an avid hunter and has dealt with it before. left untreated it devastates your body and even beyond the point of return

Lyme's is not good.  Hope he catches it fast.  It definitely left it's mark on me.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Lyme's is not good.  Hope he catches it fast.  It definitely left it's mark on me.

where i live we have dealt with it since the early 90s. we used to camp on islands on the hudson river. pure paradise out there except most of the women and some of the men got lyme. turns out the islands are infested. i don't set foot on them . even during full moon kayak trips, i stay in the water, no where near the shore. i told some women to use caution in the woods getting firewood . they brushed me off, till they both had ticks crawling on them . it's that heavy. another that we see now is anaplasmosis. bad shit right there. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

where i live we have dealt with it since the early 90s. we used to camp on islands on the hudson river. pure paradise out there except most of the women and some of the men got lyme. turns out the islands are infested. i don't set foot on them . even during full moon kayak trips, i stay in the water, no where near the shore. i told some women to use caution in the woods getting firewood . they brushed me off, till they both had ticks crawling on them . it's that heavy. another that we see now is anaplasmosis. bad shit right there. 

My dog got that ealier this yr.